Author Topic: Caterpillar Moving Headquarters From Chicago To Texas  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Caterpillar Moving Headquarters From Chicago To Texas
« on: June 15, 2022, 12:00:39 pm »
Gateway Pundit By Mike LaChance 6/15/2022

Caterpillar is the latest big company moving its headquarters from crime ridden Chicago to greener pastures in Texas.

The company has had some of their operations in Texas for many years, but now it will become their base.

It’s illinois’ loss but Texas’ gain.

Blue states are running out of the geese that lay golden eggs.

Caterpillar Inc. said Tuesday it will move its global headquarters from Illinois to an existing divisional office in Irving, Texas, in the Dallas–Forth Worth area, in another blow to metropolitan Chicago, which last month lost the Boeing Co. headquarters.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/report-caterpillar-moving-headquarters-chicago-texas/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Caterpillar Moving Headquarters From Chicago To Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 04:11:31 pm »
Cat's employee retention #s will be interesting. If Cat handles it poorly, they could end up with an almost empty HQ building. Relocating hundreds of miles away is not trivial. Many people have deep roots - kids' school(s), churches, doctors, dentists, homes they own, friends & neighbors ...

Fixed a typo, an omitted word.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 05:06:30 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 04:15:45 pm »
Cat's employee retention #s will be interesting. If Cat handles it poorly, they could end up with an almost HQ building. Relocating hundreds of miles away is not trivial. Many people have deep roots - kids' school(s), churches, doctors, dentists, homes they own, friends & neighbors ...

And many of those have been praying for a way out of the hell holes they've been stuck in because of their jobs.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 02:54:56 pm »
Cat's employee retention #s will be interesting. If Cat handles it poorly, they could end up with an almost HQ building. Relocating hundreds of miles away is not trivial. Many people have deep roots - kids' school(s), churches, doctors, dentists, homes they own, friends & neighbors ...
Many large companies move HQ across state lines.  Employees always have deep roots, so this is nothing new.

Plenty of people in the DFW area to take up the slack for those who wish to stay in Illinois
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 02:59:16 pm »
And many of those have been praying for a way out of the hell holes they've been stuck in because of their jobs.

That is the only thing Keeping my Sister and BIL in IL.   If she could leave that liberal hell hole of High Taxes and leftist asshats...she would.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 05:17:27 pm »
Many large companies move HQ across state lines.  Employees always have deep roots, so this is nothing new.

Plenty of people in the DFW area to take up the slack for those who wish to stay in Illinois

OK. However, those who choose to stay in Illinois will be more than empty desk chairs. However many months, years, or decades of experience will be lost. Cat has been around for over a century, and their equipment can be in use for decades or even, literally, over a century (they have computerized parts catalogs that go back that far). Long-term employees often/usually have corporate knowledge that is ill or not documented. I'm not suggesting that Cat's move is a mistake, only suggesting that mishandling the terms for employees to relocate could have significant, years-long, consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 08:50:56 pm »
OK. However, those who choose to stay in Illinois will be more than empty desk chairs. However many months, years, or decades of experience will be lost. Cat has been around for over a century, and their equipment can be in use for decades or even, literally, over a century (they have computerized parts catalogs that go back that far). Long-term employees often/usually have corporate knowledge that is ill or not documented. I'm not suggesting that Cat's move is a mistake, only suggesting that mishandling the terms for employees to relocate could have significant, years-long, consequences.
No argument there will not be losses that need to be overcome.

One example I am familiar with was a major oil company HQ in New York for 80 years transferred its Marine Division to Texas.

Of the 57 people offered the voluntary move, only 2 accepted.

So a lot of restaffing was required.

Did the Marine division suffer? Short term yes, long term, no.

Plenty of competent Texas folks were found to be hungry for those jobs
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 09:13:01 pm »
Exon/Mobil moved out of New York to my part of Texas recently and caused property values here to go crazy!  I'm not complaining!

@IsailedawayfromFR
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 09:47:14 pm »
Cat's employee retention #s will be interesting. If Cat handles it poorly, they could end up with an almost empty HQ building. Relocating hundreds of miles away is not trivial. Many people have deep roots - kids' school(s), churches, doctors, dentists, homes they own, friends & neighbors ...

Fixed a typo, an omitted word.

I was forced to be a particpant in 2 corporate restructuring program evaluations.  (Efficiency evaluators)    Believe me, if it is the top 3 levels of upper management, mostly impacted....   That is the intended consequence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 11:03:06 pm »
Exon/Mobil moved out of New York to my part of Texas recently and caused property values here to go crazy!  I'm not complaining!

@IsailedawayfromFR
I believe it moved out of New York in the 80s to Dallas as its corporate HQ.

That HQ was recently moved to the Houston area.

Oh, and BTW, I suspect you are not complaining as we are both grandfathered in on taxes on the home so taxes are frozen as long as we live in them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:25:09 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 12:08:07 am »
Back in 2017 my former employer moved the division I worked for from San Carlos, where it had been since the 1930s, splitting it to facilities in Torrance, CA and Williamsport, PA. They were hoping for 80% employee retention. I found a new employer soon after the mid-2016 announcement of the plans and don't have much info, but I doubt they got anywhere near that.