Author Topic: All June 14 Primary Results  (Read 545 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: All June 14 Primary Results
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 10:36:01 am »
Republican Mayra Flores flips Texas House district red in special election
Flores will be the first Mexican-born congresswoman to serve in the House
Fox News, Jun 14, 2022

Republican Mayra Flores is projected to win a special election in Texas' 34th Congressional District, flipping a House seat after Rep. Filemon Vela, who held the seat for nearly 10 years, resigned in March and vacated the seat.

Flores, who had 51% of the vote to Democratic candidate Dan Sanchez' 43% when The Associated Press called the race, will become the first Mexican-born congresswoman to serve in the House. Her family moved to the United States when she was 6 years old.

Flores will finish out the remainder of Vela's term, which expires in January, and Republicans were eager to win the seat and gain new ground in the Lone Star state to represent the district that spans east of San Antonio with parts along the coast to Brownsville. As currently drawn, the 34th Congressional District will essentially be dissolved later this year after a newly redrawn map favoring current 15th Congressional District Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, the Democratic nominee for November's general election to represent the 34th District, was constructed.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-mayra-flores-flips-texas-house-district-special-election

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 10:46:10 am »
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker

I will once again make the argument that Hispanic Americans can be the ones to save this great country.

11:43 PM · Jun 14, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

Replying to @kylenabecker

Yes they can. Jobs, safe communities, good schools, and culturally conservative values—Hispanic Americans can lead the way.

11:47 PM · Jun 14, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 10:53:05 am »
Mayra Flores For Congress 🇺🇸🦅
@MayraFlores2022

This historic win will bring back God to the halls of Congress! This win is for the people who were ignored for so long! This is a message that the establishment will no longer be tolerated! We have officially started the red wave!! #TX34

God, Family, Country

11:11 PM · Jun 14, 2022   Twitter for Android

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 10:54:34 am »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 10:59:28 am »
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker

I will once again make the argument that Hispanic Americans can be the ones to save this great country.

11:43 PM · Jun 14, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

Replying to @kylenabecker

Yes they can. Jobs, safe communities, good schools, and culturally conservative values—Hispanic Americans can lead the way.

11:47 PM · Jun 14, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Vividly recall when I was a regular poster on TOS during the Clinton and Bush's 1st term that I had daily arguments with them over the illegal immigrants from the South.

My position was that in wealthy counties such as my own, the 'welfare' would only be ONE generational Welfare, and it was proven correct.
I employed many illegal immigrants indirectly, because the Contractor that cosmetically upgraded my listings did so with no payment until closing/settlement.  Ran a balance of $100K with them and they never lost a dime for over 4 years running...until the market crashed.

They were all raised 'Catholic', and that stays with you FOREVER, even though you may not attend services/Mass.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 10:59:58 am »
Dave Wasserman
@Redistrict

Rep. Nancy Mace (R) defeats Trump-endorsed Katie Arrington (R) in the #SC01 GOP primary.

10:55 PM · Jun 14, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 11:13:59 am »
South Carolina GOP Rep. Tom Rice loses primary after his vote to impeach Trump
Washington Examiner, Jun 14, 2022

Republican Rep. Tom Rice lost his solidly conservative South Carolina House seat Tuesday after nearly a decade in Congress, which included his vote to impeach former President Donald Trump over the Jan. 6 riots.

Although Rice repeated his support for many Trump policies as he campaigned across South Carolina's 7th Congressional District, from Myrtle Beach to the Pee Dee region, he defended his decision to impeach Trump as "the principled stance."

Trump responded by endorsing South Carolina state Rep. Russell Fry. Fry blasted Rice, not only for his impeachment vote, but he also made allegations of self-enrichment and slammed the incumbent for his Democratic outreach. In reaction, Rice, a former tax lawyer, focused his hefty war chest on Fry, ripping him as "a tax-and-spender."

Fry on Tuesday secured more than 50% of the primary vote, avoiding a runoff with Rice on June 28.

Rice's race has received national attention, in part because of Trump's rally in the district. But Rice himself invited out-of-state Republicans to stump with him, such as former House Speaker Paul Ryan and ex-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, amplifying his Trump record.

During Ryan's visit, he and Rice sought to draw parallels between the South Carolina and Georgia Republican primaries, the latter in which Trump critics fended off challenges from Trump-endorsed opponents. Ryan and Rice also underscored Rice's work on tax reform and poverty alleviation as a member of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/south-carolina-tom-rice-trump

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 11:41:19 am »

Vividly recall when I was a regular poster on TOS during the Clinton and Bush's 1st term that I had daily arguments with them over the illegal immigrants from the South.

My position was that in wealthy counties such as my own, the 'welfare' would only be ONE generational Welfare, and it was proven correct.
I employed many illegal immigrants indirectly .....

I know you've have good experiences with illegal workers @DCPatriot   --- and good for you.  But, maybe if we had enforced our immigration laws back during Clinton and Bush we wouldn't be in the throes of an all out invasion today.

BTW,  in case you haven't noticed, we can no longer afford illegals, even for one generation ---- neither can we afford the crime, the gangs and the drugs killing our citizens.

My friend, ignoring our immigration laws did this nation no favors even though you profited from it.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 12:36:19 pm »
Catturd ™
@catturd2

Tom Rice lost by 25 points, yesterday.

The Hill
@thehill
 · 17h

Tom Rice says Trump "not the future of the Republican Party" as voters head to polls https://trib.al/WsdiNaJ

7:53 AM · Jun 15, 2022   Twitter Web App