Author Topic: Biden economic adviser says White House hasn't 'missed much at all' on inflation  (Read 343 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 13, 2022 1:40pm EDT
Biden economic adviser says White House hasn't 'missed much at all' on inflation
Inflation hit 8.6% in May, reaching another 40-year high

By Hanna Panreck | Fox News

Jared Bernstein, a member of President Biden's Council of Economic Advisers said Monday that he doesn't believe the White House "missed much" on inflation during CNBC's "Squawk Box."

Bernstein emphasized that Biden has made inflation his top economic priority and said "that there's always something we can do." Inflation hit 8.6% in May, climbing to another 40-year high.

"To the extent that the White House missed this in terms of the inflation story, and I know you said that you've missed it before, we're not going to re-litigate that. But what I want to understand is what you think the lesson of it was and is to the extent that the public wants to know that there was a lesson, that you've learned it and that going forward you're going to approach this differently," CNBC host Andrew Ross Sorkin said.

Bernstein said it was an important question that was "so much better than the ‘gotcha’ stuff."

"I think the most important lesson is that when you're living in an uncertain world when people were making the predictions that they made, no one knew about delta and omicron, no one new about Putin's invasion Ukraine. In a world with geopolitical economic uncertainty what you need is a White House that understands the depth of importance of insurance policies," Berstein said.

Sorkin pressed further, saying that while Ukraine and the pandemic made things worse, there would still be "an inflationary story" even if those things were taken off the table.

"Absolutely. Because, well, first of all, we’re having an inflationary story in every advanced economy in the globe, and in fact, inflation is historically elevated everywhere. So it is certainly not just one country’s fiscal or monetary policy," Bernstein said.

The CNBC host asked what the White House missed and what the lesson was in missing it.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-economic-adviser-white-house-hasnt-missed-much-inflation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Biden has made inflation his top economic priority
Causing it and making it worse, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Causing it and making it worse, though.
Precisely!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Inflation will not bother the government bureaucrats.

When it costs them more to purchase goods, they just give themselves a raise.

Congress Gives Itself Double-Digit Raise
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/03/15/congress-gives-itself-a-raise-n2604526
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington