Author Topic: Barr worried Trump was ‘detached from reality’ in aftermath of 2020 election  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Barr worried Trump was ‘detached from reality’ in aftermath of 2020 election
by Brett Samuels - 06/13/22 12:15 PM ET

Former attorney general Bill Barr said he worried in the aftermath of the 2020 election that then-President Trump had become “detached from reality” as Trump made repeated claims about voting fraud.

Barr told the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riots in recorded testimony that Trump was making increasingly outlandish claims about rigged voting machines and fraudulent vote dumps that Trump claimed were swinging the 2020 election against him.

“And the statements were made very conclusory, like, ‘These machines were designed to engage in fraud,’ or something to that effect. But I didn’t see any supporting information for it,” Barr said in testimony aired Monday during a public committee hearing.

“And I was somewhat demoralized because I thought, ‘Boy if he really believes this stuff he has lost contact with—he’s become detached from reality if he really believes this stuff,’” Barr continued.

Barr, in his deposition to the House committee, repeatedly dismissed Trump’s claims of fraud as “bullshit,” “nonsense” and “crazy stuff.” But he told the panel Trump did not show an interest “in what the actual facts were.”

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3521362-barr-worried-trump-was-detached-from-reality-in-aftermath-of-2020-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

And then, comes 2000 Mules, which demonstrates that maybe, just maybe, President Trump wasn't quite so "detached from reality" after all.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But then, it just might be that Barr looked in all the wrong places, and did not look at the evidence offered.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis