Author Topic: The Future of U.S. Security Depends on Owning the ‘Gray Zone.’ Biden Must Get It Right.  (Read 265 times)

rebewranger

The Future of U.S. Security Depends on Owning the ‘Gray Zone.’ Biden Must Get It Right.
.By Clementine G. Starling & Julia SiegelJune 13, 2022
The Future of U.S. Security Depends on Owning the ‘Gray Zone.’ Biden Must Get It Right.Sora Shimazaki

Conventional military superiority once guaranteed the security of the United States and its allies—but no more. Adversaries like Russia and China have learned that if they cannot compete with the United States conventionally, they can undermine U.S. security in the cyber, economic, and information domains through offensive activities in the “gray zone,” or the space between peace (or cooperation) and war (or armed conflict).

After decades of relying on its conventional power, the United States lacks a comprehensive strategy to align gray-zone activities with the national goals it aims to achieve. More complicated still, this term is ill-defined—if even acknowledged—in U.S. and allied strategies, creating an obstacle to further dialogue and policy action. Current efforts are uncoordinated across the executive branch and relevant stakeholders, and the desired end state is unclear.

The Biden administration, for its part, acknowledges the strategic imperative to effectively compete in the gray zone with concepts like integrated deterrence, which is aimed at integrating all instruments of power “across the spectrum of conflict.” Now, the forthcoming National Security Strategy (NSS), National Defense Strategy (NDS), and Quadrennial Homeland Security Review (QHSR) provide an opportunity to unite national efforts to deal with these nonmilitary security challenges.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2022/06/13/the_future_of_us_security_depends_on_owning_the_gray_zone_biden_must_get_it_right_836998.html

rebewranger

Biden Must Get It Right.

How much has he gotten right so far?    America------->:doa:

Offline dfwgator

The US is becoming irrelevant.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

America's present is owned by China due to our current supply chains.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.