Author Topic: Biden bashes big oil: ‘Exxon made more money than God this year’  (Read 765 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden bashes big oil: ‘Exxon made more money than God this year’
by Alex Gangitano - 06/10/22 2:44 PM ET

President Biden on Friday called out Exxon for raking in large profits while addressing high inflation and calling on Congress to act to tackle it.

“Why don’t you tell them what Exxon’s profits were this year? This quarter? Exxon made more money than God this year,” he said in remarks at the Port of Los Angeles. “Exxon, start investing. Start paying your taxes.”

Biden has called on Congress to pass tax reform to make the wealthiest Americans and big corporations pay what he argues is their fair share as a way to reduce inflationary pressures. His remarks follow the release of data from the Labor Department earlier on Friday that showed the consumer price index rose 1 percent last month alone and 8.6 percent in the 12-month stretch ending in May.

“But make no mistake about it, I understand inflation is a real challenge to American families. Today’s inflation report confirmed what Americans already know: Putin’s price hike is hitting America hard. Gas prices at the pump, energy and food prices account for half of the monthly price increases since May,” Biden said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

The president said that there are more than “9,000 permits for drilling” but that the oil companies “are not drilling.”

“Why don’t they drill more? Because they make more money not producing oil. Prices go up on the one hand. No. 2, the reason they are not drilling is they are buying back their own stock, should be taxed quite frankly. Buying back their own stock and not making new investments,” he said.

Biden also took a stab at the shipping industry and major shipping companies on Friday. He called on Congress to pass a bill this month to cut shipping costs as another way to lower the price of goods.

He said nine major ocean line shipping companies, which make up three consortiums, have raised their prices by as much as 1,000 percent, and Biden called on Congress to crack down on these corporations.

“Every once in a while something you learn makes you viscerally angry, like if you had the person in front of you, you’d want to pop them,” he said, referring to the corporations.

“Let those nine foreign shippers understand, the ripoff is over,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3519238-biden-bashes-big-oil-exxon-made-more-money-than-god-this-year/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Maybe if more things were made here 'shippers' would not be a problem.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Blasphemous old shit, isn't he?

God doesn't need money, He owns it all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

This old fool can't go a single day without taking the Lord's name in vain.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe if more things were made here 'shippers' would not be a problem.
Well if those shippers shipped elsewhere, he wouldn't have that problem.

Yes Oil companies are (cautiously) drilling the whole time Biden is waging war on the industry.

But with this bitchy old crab whinging at every turn about how it is everyone else's fault his policies suck harder that his Veep, he should be thankful everyone doesn't just say "FJB" and go fishing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Exxon paid $40 billion in taxes last year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yes Skeezy Joe.  "We got more money than Davy Crockett."
We have Forrest Gump in the WH.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Exxon paid $40 billion in taxes last year.
Making Joe's idiotic comment, “Exxon, start investing. Start paying your taxes,” even more idiotic than we thought possible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

So, FJB, when gas prices go down - after you're out of office - will you come to sing hosannas for the saintly oil companies that have lowered prices?

No, I didn't think you would.

Offline Idiot

:amen:

Offline libertybele

I second that -- Amen!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Making Joe's idiotic comment, “Exxon, start investing. Start paying your taxes,” even more idiotic than we thought possible.

His idiocy is superior to all the idiotic presidents that have preceded him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

His presidency is collapsing and now he's lashing out irrationally. He's blaming everybody and everything for his failing presidency

Enjoy it!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 12:04:04 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He openly mocks God.

It will not end well for him if he continues.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

His presidency is collapsing and now he's lashing out irrationally. He's blaming everybody and everything for his failing presidency

Enjoy it!!
It's hard to enjoy it when you see food banks running out of food and people unable to afford to fill up their cars with gas.  He wanted to destroy the fossil fuel industry and he's destroying our country instead.  What a complete fool this man is.

Offline The_Reader_David

What a remarkably silly thing to say.  The poorest person earning cash in some Third World backwater by menial labor made more money than God last year, seeing that God doesn't participate in economics (as an individual actor with assets -- His providence is certainly present in all economic activity, however much we fallen human beings resist it).  Even back when He did for some thirty-three years back about 2000 years ago, He wasn't much into earning lots of money.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
FU you demented f'ing Pedophilic lying Son of A Bitch.

You failed to mention that XOM lost $22.44B in 2020.  (Which is more than 4 quarters of what they just reported)

I hope I stay healthy enough to make a trip to Delaware to water your headstone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

He does know a thing or two about creation though.  (Some could even argue that He is a bit OCD in that regard.)  When it comes to the creation of wealth, G-d is who makes that possible.  And government creates zero wealth.  Let that sink in.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I hope I stay healthy enough to make a trip to Delaware to water your headstone.

Why wait for him to die first?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

FU you demented f'ing Pedophilic lying Son of A Bitch.

You forgot to mention he fathered a crack addict who is obsessed with hookers and stripping down in front of cameras. 

So Joe brought more evil into the world.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 06:02:54 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington