Author Topic: Lawmakers want Army to set up program to experiment with electrical tactical vehicle operations  (Read 489 times)

rebewranger

Lawmakers want Army to set up program to experiment with electrical tactical vehicle operations
By Jen Judson
 Jun 9, 07:11 PM

WASHINGTON — House Armed Services Tactical Air and Land Subcommittee lawmakers want the U.S. Army to establish and run a pilot program examining how electric tactical vehicles might operate in the field.

In the Army’s climate strategy released earlier this year, the service laid out a goal to field hybrid electric tactical vehicles by 2035 and all-electric vehicles by 2050. But with that pledge comes a complicated logistics tail for maintaining and recharging them on the battlefield.

The Army also approved a tactical and combat vehicle electrification, or TaCV-E, initial capabilities document in December 2021 that “informs the transition to advancing electrification capabilities and operational requirements generation for the ground vehicles fleet,” according to the subcommittee’s fiscal 2023 authorization mark.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2022/06/09/lawmakers-want-army-to-set-up-program-to-experiment-with-electrical-tactical-vehicle-operations/

rebewranger

Will the HASC ensure there are charging stations every 50 miles like beloved POTUS has ordered for America? :tongue2:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"House Armed Services Tactical Air and Land Subcommittee lawmakers want the U.S. Army to establish and run a pilot program examining how electric tactical vehicles might operate in the field..."

They might "operate in the field".

But my prediction is that they would not continue to "operate" for very long.

Offline rustynail

Do EVs and charging areas emit an electronic signature?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How about lawmakers go ride these gadgets on extended maneuvers with the troops in some nice jungle or desert area?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What's next, lawmakers(idiots) wanting the Army to set up a program to have charging stations every 50 miles in all war zones?

Offline DB

Lawmakers and Army that are not serious about war.

Second place is dead.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I have a friend that uses a golf cart where I hunted. It is very quiet.

Offline PeteS in CA

Do EVs and charging areas emit an electronic signature?

While the vehicle/motor control circuits, motor(s), and chargers could emit RFI, with proper shielding the RFI would be minimal. OTOH, the IR signatures probably would be more difficult to conceal.

The big concern, IMO, would be the limited range - miles or hours - of the things plus the logistics problems of locating and fueling/powering charging stations. This looks to be as big a moneypit as the fictional "Hover Tank".
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 09:34:36 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rustynail