Author Topic: Man pistol-whipped, robbed leaving NYC subway station  (Read 186 times)

Offline Kamaji

Man pistol-whipped, robbed leaving NYC subway station
« on: June 10, 2022, 03:17:05 pm »
Man pistol-whipped, robbed leaving NYC subway station

By Amanda Woods
June 10, 2022

A 63-year-old man was pistol-whipped and robbed as he left a Queens subway station this week, authorities said.

The victim was exiting the 75th Avenue station in Forest Hills around 8 p.m. Wednesday when two suspects approached him and pulled out a gun, cops said.

They struck him in the head with the weapon multiple times before grabbing his watch, jewelry and about $1,000 before fleeing on foot into the station, police said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/nyc-man-pistol-whipped-robbed-leaving-subway-station/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Man pistol-whipped, robbed leaving NYC subway station
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 03:17:49 pm »
:facepalm2:

So much subway-related violence these days.  I almost feel like we should start up a stickied thread about the NYPD subway blotter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 03:22:33 pm »
Who would go on the NYC Subway wearing $1000? There is a time and place for that, but there is also a thing called 'keeping it on the down low'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 03:24:09 pm »
Who would go on the NYC Subway wearing $1000? There is a time and place for that, but there is also a thing called 'keeping it on the down low'.

I believe that the guy was carrying about $1,000 in cash.  He may have been on his way to buy something - licit or illicit - and got nailed because someone knew he was carrying that much cash.

One would be surprised at the amount of cash that gets carried around in NYC, even for licit transactions.