Author Topic: U.S. Inflation Rate Soars to 8.6%, Highest in 41 Years  (Read 654 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. Inflation Rate Soars to 8.6%, Highest in 41 Years
« on: June 10, 2022, 01:35:06 pm »
U.S. Inflation Rate Soars to 8.6%, Highest in 41 Years

John Carney 10 Jun 2022

Prices faced by U.S. consumers rose 8.6 percent in May, defying expectations that inflation had peaked in March and indicating that the Federal Reserve’s task of bringing it back under control will be more challenging than officials anticipated.

Compared with April, prices rose one percent.

Inflation hit a four-decade high of 8.557 percent in March and moved down to 8.3 percent in April. Economists had expected inflation to tick down to 8.2 percent in May.

This is the twelfth straight month of inflation above 5 percent.

Excluding food and energy, prices were up six percent compared with a year ago, more than the 5.9 percent anticipated. On the month, prices rose 0.6 percent, matching last month’s gain and beating the expectation for a slowdown to 0.5 percent.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/10/u-s-inflation-rate-soars-to-8-6-highest-in-40-years/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:57:30 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: U.S. Inflation Rate Soars to 8.6%, Highest in 41 Years
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 01:37:41 pm »
#FJB
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 01:54:51 pm »
Bloomberg Markets
@markets
JUST IN: US stock futures drop after inflation unexpectedly accelerates to 40-year high

8:35 AM · Jun 10, 2022·

Story

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 02:22:09 pm »

Tweeted by @zerohedge

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 02:29:28 pm »
Your July 4 barbecue, Bidenflation style.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 06:09:53 pm »
Man we all will be on the Dave Ramsey Diet soon.  Beans and rice, rice and beans!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2022, 08:05:10 pm »
8.6%??? I would bet that inflation is much higher than that (at least that's what my wallet and budget is telling me).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 08:28:40 pm »
8.6%??? I would bet that inflation is much higher than that (at least that's what my wallet and budget is telling me).
I can go in the grocery store and see how much frequently-purchased items have gone up. Produce, across the board, is at least 20% higher than last year.  Meat is easily at least 25% higher. Gasoline is 150% higher than 2020 (yes, I buy gasoline at the grocery store. Thank goodness for the fuel points I earn). Milk is 33% higher, unless Kroger is running a special. Eggs are at least 33% higher.

At this point, I'd almost love it if the prices of the things I have to buy had gone up only 8.6%

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2022, 01:30:36 pm »
Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
BREAKING: U.S. annualized inflation just peaked 17 percent for the first time since WW2, the highest rate in 75 years. The media are misreporting the real data, and I’ll explain why. 

Inflation is properly defined as an expansion of the money supply. However in the 20th century, the federal government began a series of steps to expand the money supply to facilitate more expansive federal spending (removing the gold standard, removing the gold peg, suppressing interest rates as "stimulus," printing money directly into the Treasury, etc.). All of these are inflationary, and prices rose far more in the 20th century vs. the largely deflationary 19th century.

To cover their tracks, the Fed changed its definition of inflation from meaning an expansion in the money supply to mean rising prices. (Again, previously, the terms were basically synonymous as an expanding money supply ALWAYS means higher prices.)

The CPI as originally conceived was intended to track the cost of maintaining a constant standard of living. In 1980, the Fed altered its tool for calculating inflation such that it was no longer measuring a constant "basket of goods" but rather a "quasi-substitution-based basket of goods"; now, via "hedonics," the Fed would, for example, use tech improvements to offset rising prices (i.e., if a computer is 25 percent faster than the year prior but the price remained the same, the Fed claimed a 25 percent price drop in generalized computing power, which enabled them to suppress headline CPI numbers on net).

In 1990, the Fed again evolved the CPI so that these tricks for downplaying "official" inflation were exacerbated.  ...

Thankfully consistent data is available via ShadowStats, where economist John Williams updates inflation data using the Fed's original CPI calculator. Most of the data is behind a paywall, but you can still see how the official Fed data is now slightly less than half of what it would be if it were still using the CPI tool used up until 1980. The first percentages are the official CPI numbers; the percentages on the right are inflation using the original measuring stick. As you can see, this year the real inflation numbers  are slightly more than 2x the official numbers. ...
Read entire Twitter thread at:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1535269226709241861

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2022, 02:02:31 pm »
Read entire Twitter thread at:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1535269226709241861

Thanks..  Great find.

I have been contending here for some time that the real inflation rate is somewhere between 15-20%.

Even as far back as the first of they year, I reported that when I do my painstaking accuate budget for every year, even back at Jan 1, my expected expenditures had gone up 14.3 % Jan 1 2022, versus Jan 1, 2021.

If we descend into a stagflationized recession,  I expect 2 year in that at least 50% (median and mean) of households will be at or below the poverty level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2022, 02:28:36 pm »
"The fake news really doesn’t want you to see this…"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Adaliabcomcast1/status/1535316116091899906

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2022, 02:58:22 pm »
Your July 4 barbecue, Bidenflation style.

Are those ramen noodles?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2022, 03:56:40 pm »
Are those ramen noodles?
Yes, along with baloney and Vienna sausages.  :silly:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2022, 05:17:01 pm »
Yes, along with baloney and Vienna sausages.  :silly:

Eating fried bologna was definitely a low point in my life.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-