Author Topic: Geico must pay $5.2 million to woman who got HPV from sex in man's insured car, court rules  (Read 598 times)

Online corbe

Geico must pay $5.2 million to woman who got HPV from sex in man's insured car, court rules

David K. Li - 1h ago

Geico must pay a Missouri woman $5.2 million after she caught HPV from unprotected sex with her then-boyfriend in his insured automobile, a state appellate court ruled.

In an opinion published Tuesday, the Court of Appeals for the Western District of Missouri affirmed the multimillion-dollar payout against the insurance company, best known for its ubiquitous TV ads that frequently feature a talking gecko.

The woman — identified in court papers only as "M.O." — said that she "engaged in unprotected sexual activities in Insured's vehicle" in November and December 2017 and that he "negligently caused or contributed to" her catching the human papillomavirus (HPV), a common sexually transmitted infection, court papers said.

After Geico turned down her claim, M.O. took the matter to an arbitrator, who found in her favor before a court affirmed the $5.2 million judgment, the appeals court said.

Geico appealed, claiming it never had a chance to contest the claim.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/geico-must-pay-5-2-million-to-woman-who-got-hpv-from-sex-in-man-s-insured-car-court-rules/ar-AAYhttQ?bk=1&ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2e2b2495e51c41ac9e1bb68ec25299db
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

How did she prove that it was that particular encounter where she caught HPV???

Online libertybele

This is absolutely absurd!!!  Gee, she got paid over $5 million for having unprotected sex. 

When will the insanity stop??
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 12:57:04 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is absolutely absurd!!!  Gee, she got paid over $5 million for having unprotected sex. 

When will the insanity stop??
Well, she screwed the insurance company, too. :shrug:

Does a lawyer count as 'protection'?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

There should be an appeal to the Missouri Supreme Court.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, now I know car insurance covers VD.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

If all my meals are purchased at fast food drivethroughs and consumed in the car, will my auto insurance company be forced to pay for my high blood pressure pills, inevitable heart attack and possible gastric bypass surgery? Asking for a friend.

Offline The_Reader_David

If this is based on an automobile insurance policy, either the fine print in the description of its liability coverage is very strange or the ruling is nonsensical and will likely be overturned on appeal. 

Are we sure this is not based on a blanket liability policy secondary to the auto policy and covering general liability up to some limit exceeding $5.2 million?  If so, the ruling may make sense.  Either way GEICO and other insurers may want to start drafting some new exclusion clauses for their liability policies.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If all my meals are purchased at fast food drivethroughs and consumed in the car, will my auto insurance company be forced to pay for my high blood pressure pills, inevitable heart attack and possible gastric bypass surgery? Asking for a friend.
No, in that case you sue the QSR's for your poor choices.

Offline mountaineer

No, in that case you sue the QSR's for your poor choices.
But the auto insurance company didn't stop me from doing it in my car!!
 :laugh:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Geico:
"We'll cover it for you, even when he won't..."

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
All this lunacy points to one glaring fact, the stinking lawyers are way out of control.  They destroy every.  Starting with Wrecking Ball Joe all the way down to the ambulance chasers.