Author Topic: Michigan Democrat brags about driving expensive electric car to DC, avoiding gas stations amid histo  (Read 729 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 7, 2022 1:54pm EDT
Michigan Democrat brags about driving expensive electric car to DC, avoiding gas stations amid historic prices
Sen. Debbie Stabenow says she 'went by every single gas station, and it didn’t matter how high it was'
By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., on Tuesday bragged about buying an expensive electric vehicle amid a global semiconductor chip shortage and being able to bypass historically high gas prices on her road trip to Washington, D.C. 

Stabenow briefly weighed in on gas prices, which hit a national average of $4.94 per gallon Tuesday, during Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s testimony before the Senate Finance Committee on President Biden’s 2023 budget.

"I do have to say, just on the issue of gas prices, after waiting for a long time to have enough chips in this country to finally get my electric vehicle," the senator said. "I got it and drove it from Michigan to here this last weekend and went by every single gas station, and it didn’t matter how high it was.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigan-democrat-electric-car-expensive-dc-gas-prices
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meh.

The last person who rowed across the Atlantic didn't worry about gas prices, either.
(...nor did the first to sail across).

Lindbergh's only concern with fuel was that he had enough.

But if millions of people tried to do what she did today, even if there were adequate charging stations to avoid delays, would the East Coast power grid collapse?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Oh isn't she so clever with her little carousel of words judiciously sprinkled and weaved together to construct her fabricated little narrative for us to hear.

Problem is, from what I can research she's based out of Lansing, which is about 600 miles to DC. The $80K Tesla S, which is rated to have the most range on a charge, only goes about 400 miles.

She's about 200 miles short.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh isn't she so clever with her little carousel of words judiciously sprinkled and weaved together to construct her fabricated little narrative for us to hear.

Problem is, from what I can research she's based out of Lansing, which is about 600 miles to DC. The $80K Tesla S, which is rated to have the most range on a charge, only goes about 400 miles.

She's about 200 miles short.
Yes she conveniently left out about finding charging stations or how long she had to wait for the batteries to recharge. Now how well that trip be in sweltering summer with the AC added to the load or a heater in the winter. Of course being of the entitled senatorial class I doubt she pays for either her gas or electricity..............we do. Our so called representative have too many perks and entitlements, we should go back to the original plan of the founding fathers.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Lets see how proudly dipstick tries that trick again with rolling black-outs, that many already confess are coming with a vengeance.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

Lets see how proudly dipstick tries that trick again with rolling black-outs, that many already confess are coming with a vengeance.
In january....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Drive for three hours, recharge for nine hours.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Only if you drive 55 mph with no A/C and the windows closed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

Okay, lady, here's the challenge. I had to drive from my home to western Colorado to 'rescue' a granddaughter who was involved in an incident in which she lost all ID. I drove a total of 1,978 miles in 39 hours. When you can do that with an electric, I will consider one.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I drove a total of 1,978 miles in 39 hours.

A packet of No-doz and a jug to piss in?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

A packet of No-doz and a jug to piss in?
A gallon of strong coffee and lots of open countryside to water between Western ND and Colorado...besides, when you stop for gas, use the can...and run on the top half of the tank.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

A gallon of strong coffee and lots of open countryside to water between Western ND and Colorado...besides, when you stop for gas, use the can...and run on the top half of the tank.

You forgot the crappy gas station sammiches and a handful of Slim Jims... Been there, done that...  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

I once did San Jose to Atlanta in two days.  But I was a lot younger and not nearly as sane.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

I once did San Jose to Atlanta in two days.  But I was a lot younger and not nearly as sane.

Once did Portland Oregon to Wash. D.C. (about 2,800 miles) in 2-1/2 days but, like you, I was much younger then.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I drove from eastern Iowa along the Mississippi to central Callyfornia in two days to deliver a load, and a governor to keep me from going to fast on 18 wheels, with only stops for fuel.  Fuel and lots of coffee.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

Little Feat  -  Willin'

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.