Author Topic: Redditors slam SEC for releasing video allegedly mocking meme-stock traders  (Read 259 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/redditors-slam-sec-for-releasing-video-allegedly-mocking-meme-stock-traders-11654191246?mod=mw_latestnews

<snipit>
A small but vocal group of Redditors has taken umbrage at the Securities and Exchange Commission’s latest attempt to “educate” retail investors.

Meme-stock traders on subreddits like “Wall Street Bets” and “Superstonk” are complaining that the latest entries in the SEC’s “Investomania” series of YouTube videos are insulting and even hypocritical. CNBC showed one of the videos earlier this week, perhaps helping to trigger the backlash.

In a thread entitled “A Message to the SEC”, one Redditor said the “entire market is a meme stock,” while claiming the agency has allowed dark pools and algorithmic market makers to continue tilting the market to their advantage, but leaving retail traders without adequate information to compete effectively.
===============================================================================

Who says there isn't any fun or funny financial news?  The Reddit community is actively mocking Biden's inept and incompetent SEC, and rightfully so.  The SEC might want to take a lesson from the options traders who tried to take on the WSB crowd at Reddit.  Anyone got any tips of some good Stonks?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As I have always said - stocks are for schmucks.

If you really want to be a trader - stocks are not the vehicle.
The Republic is lost.