Author Topic: AOC recalls 'awakening' to her 'indigenous heritage' during protest  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published June 4, 2022 3:53pm EDT
AOC recalls being awakened to her 'indigenous heritage'
Rep. Ocasio-Cortez said she connected with the Lakota Sioux people group which awakened her to her 'indigenous heritage'
By Thomas Phippen | Fox News

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Saturday her connection to her "indigenous heritage" was awakened while protesting the Dakota Access pipeline with Native American tribes at Standing Rock Indian Reservation.

Responding to a comment on Instagram, Ocasio-Cortez said she wanted to connect more with the ancestral roots of the Taíno, an indigenous people group of the Caribbean, and that American Indian tribes welcomed her as family.

"One of the things that first started awakening and connecting me in a deep to my indigenous heritage was connecting to the Lakota Sioux at Standing Rock," Ocasio-Cortez says in the video.

https://twitter.com/johnrobertgage/status/1533133062623617027

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ocasio-cortez-indigenous-heritage-standing-rock
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: AOC recalls 'awakening' to her 'indigenous heritage' during protest
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 10:29:13 pm »
Indigenous, my *$$. Sandy from the suburbs has no more in common with the Taíno than I do.

Ocasio-Cortez was born into a Catholic family in the New York City borough of the Bronx on October 13, 1989, the daughter of Blanca Ocasio-Cortez (née Cortez) and Sergio Ocasio-Roman. She has a younger brother named Gabriel. Her father was born in the Bronx to a Puerto Rican family and became an architect; her mother was born in Puerto Rico. Ocasio-Cortez lived with her family in an apartment in the Bronx neighborhood of Parkchester until she was five, when the family moved to a house in suburban Yorktown Heights. ...
Wikipedia
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 01:10:48 am »
She's acting like her ancestors were waiting on Plymouth Rock to welcome the conquerors
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 04:38:14 am »
Great! Another Fauxkahontas. She must be talking to Warren.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 11:40:45 am »
The DAPL (Standing Rock/"water protectors") protest was essentially because the pipeline went around the reservation instead of across a corner (for $6 million) when the tribe tripled the price after the deal had been worked out. The Pipeline company said they could go around tribal land for that amount and have change left over, and did.

Suddenly, ever square inch of privately owned (non-tribal) land was sacred ground to the tribe, and a pipeline which was to be fed through a hole drilled 90 ft. below the bottom of Lake Oahee, with double the normal wall thickness of the rest of the line became some sort of threat to the water.

When the hooting and hollering and photo-ops were done, trucks had been burned on a bridge damaging the bridge, police had been firebombed, main roads were closed, a million dollars+ damage was done to the construction equipment, and a similar amount of economic harm in killed and injured livestock that had to be destroyed on adjacent ranches. Over 720 semi loads of debris and trash were left behind in an area prone to spring floods, in addition to a dead body wrapped in a blue tarp and dumped in a creek. The cost to the State of North Dakota was over $39,000,000.00.

If AOC wants to 'own' that, go for it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:41:37 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis