Author Topic: Biden says there's nothing he can do to bring down gas or food prices in the near term  (Read 512 times)

rebewranger

Biden says there's nothing he can do to bring down gas or food prices in the near term
Kevin Liptak - Yesterday 4:25 PM

President Joe Biden said Wednesday there is little he can do to lower the cost of gasoline or food in the immediate term, an acknowledgment that prices for those goods will remain high as he works to bring down other costs incurred by families.

“There’s a lot going on right now but the idea we’re going to be able to click a switch, bring down the cost of gasoline, is not likely in the near term. Nor is it with regard to food,” Biden said at the White House, where he was holding an event on the infant formula shortage.

Biden and his team are seeking to place heavy emphasis on the economy in the coming weeks as the President looks to demonstrate his commitment to reining in inflation, even as he says there’s not much he can do. The President has tasked his aides with improving the administration’s messaging as he watches his approval ratings sink.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-says-there-s-nothing-he-can-do-to-bring-down-gas-or-food-prices-in-the-near-term/ar-AAXYnKh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=828e96a06d3e42849a93158566fbcab7

rebewranger

Just a week or two ago he promised he was going to bring the prices down?! ***hair on fire

Online Kamaji

That's true enough - because the damage you, Mr. Biden, have already caused to the economy will take a long time to heal; however, there are things that you can do right now to get things moving in the right direction, and those things you have absolutely refused to do.  So, ultimately, the blame is on you for continued inflation.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yup nothing he can do like, cancelling all his EO's that were attacks on the oil industry and cut production, maybe a moratorium on federal gas tax? But then we all know that everything his administration did and does is designed to stress and weaken the American economy and people by waging psychological and economic war on them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"🚨Doocy: "When are you guys going to admit you were wrong about inflation?"

Jean-Pierre: "The president's economic plan, as we see it, is working.""  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejcoop/status/1532100934817521665

Online mountaineer

Specifically, there is nothing he wants to do to rein in inflation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

Jean-Pierre: "The president's economic plan, as we see it, is working.""  (Video)

We're f*@ked with these people in charge
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

Traitor Joe could start by reversing all the EOs he has signed.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Don't we all wish we could do this? The CEO screams, 'Your management and your stupid projects have caused revenues to crash by 50%!!" Oh well ... nothing I can do about it now. BTW, I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Do not call me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

If it is working, then the plan is the economic destruction of the Middle class.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

If it is working, then the plan is the economic destruction of the Middle class.
That, in fact, is the plan.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

That is becoming more apparent every day.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
jOE HAS WORKED DAMN HARD TO GET AMERICA RIGHT TO THE WOKE POINT DEMOCRATS HAVE WANTED AMERICA FOR DECADES.  Now you think Joe should just turn it all around and undo what their WOKE success has accomplished?  Obviously Joe is a lot smarter than many take Joe for.  Joe intends to advance on his successes, not turn around AND UNDO THEM.  Clearly this explains why so many vote like idiots at election time AND WE NOW HAVE THE GOVERNMENT WE NOW HAVE.
 :smokin: ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 02:55:12 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online libertybele

We're f*@ked with these people in charge

Other than during the Trump administration things have been declining since Bush Sr.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
For once he is right about something.

There is no such critter as a "quick fix" for everything that Biden has screwed up. It will literally take years to even catch up to where we used to be.

Which,of course,works out for the Dims. Regardless of who is the Republican President come the next election,he won't be able to fix everything Slow Joe broke in a mere 4 years. Especially not with the Dims and RINO's trying to block the fixes because they used them to buy votes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 10:09:13 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe took a quick 'fix' to take American down injust a year and a half, Joe could reverse what he has done just as quickly..  Democrats declare the damage they have done, can never be repaired.  Trump DID reverse much of the damage Obama did, despite democrats swearing it couldn't be so.  Don't believe the; It can't be undone/reversed crowd.

When democrats decided to replace Pisssaki, and they intended to stay the course of disaster.  Do you realize they picked a black female for a reason so she like Biden couldn't be bothered and being a black woman they could scream at you racist, racist, racist all day long everyday?
They told you their intentions by the pick they made, a maneuver they have done many times before.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Wake up woke herd!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 08:11:03 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions