Author Topic: Yellen: ‘I Was Wrong’ about Inflation, ‘Didn’t Fully Understand’ Supply Bottlenecks  (Read 600 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: ‘I Was Wrong’ about Inflation, ‘Didn’t Fully Understand’ Supply Bottlenecks

Ian Hanchett 31 May 2022

During an interview aired on Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted that she “was wrong” about inflation and that while “unanticipated and large shocks to the economy” are a part of the reason, she also “didn’t fully understand” supply bottlenecks that have hurt the economy.

Yellen reacted to clips of her downplaying the inflation threat in 2021 by stating, “I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take. As I mentioned, there have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices, and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I didn’t — at the time, didn’t fully understand. But we recognize that now the Federal Reserve is taking the steps that it needs to take. It’s up to them to decide what to do. And for our part, President Biden is focused on supplementing what the Fed does with actions we can take to lower the cost that Americans face for important expenditures they have in their budgets. Prescription drugs is one example, healthcare costs…utility bills, if Congress is willing to pass some of the proposals to boost the use of nonrenewables, I think that can serve to bring down an important cost that households face. He realizes, we all realize what an important and huge burden inflation is placing on American households.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/31/yellen-i-was-wrong-about-inflation-didnt-fully-understand-supply-bottlenecks/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sorry Janet, but you've been at this game too long and shot your mouth of too many times to use that as an excuse.

You need to resign.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Never seen such a deer-in-the-headlights dummie as Yellen.

She makes Charlie McCarthy seem an intelligent human.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline cato potatoe

Supply chain is nonsense.  These price increases are permanent. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Yellen....But we recognize that now the Federal Reserve is taking the steps that it needs to take.
Hogwash!!!  The FED is NOT doing what is needed to bring this inflation under control, and the Biden Idiocracy with their policies is accelerating the worst conditions.  It is Carter 2.0 on steroids. 

I see interest rates climbing to 9 percent by year's end.  And even that will not be high enough to bring inflation under control, but it will send the economy into a full recession, with unemployment soaring.  And people will vote for the Democommies, and if not, they will arrange for the ones and zeroes to win anyway.  The corruption is thoroughly saturated throughout our system, and no one is bringing justice to these criminals determined to destroy the republic.

Yellen is a solid moron, with limited intellect from my view.  She is perfect for the Biden Idiocracy, and everything is compounded for maximum failure.  God help us, for this administration is determined to destroy this nation.  Anyone really doubt the ChiComs completely own Biden?  Wake the f*** up!!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:21:14 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Kamaji

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yellen doesn't understand inflation.

Buttigieg doesn't understand supply chains.

Austin doesn't understand strategic withdrawals.

Blinken doesn't understand diplomatic relations.

Granholm doesn't understand energy independence.

Harris doesn't understand English.

Is there a pattern here?

All going as planned ......

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To think this dingbat was the Chairman of the FED.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

I don't know if Joe Biden is the worst president ever (seems to be a goal of his) but his team is easily the biggest group of moonbats since FDR. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know if Joe Biden is the worst president ever (seems to be a goal of his) but his team is easily the biggest group of moonbats since FDR.

Yellen's screaming dingbattery predates Shortbus Joe's maladministration....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I remember back in the Greenspan days, Yellen was clear that she supported inflationary policies and was down on Greenspan for being too tight on capital (from her perspective).

She knew exactly what she was doing, but as always with these MMT types, their reindeer games get out of hand and they lose control.

Dumbass.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

At least she admitted she was wrong.

Biden's inflationary vortex started with the Green New Deal, was made worse by Biden's poor choices for Cabinet staff, and worsened further by his intransigence on Energy Policy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

At least she admitted she was wrong.

Biden's inflationary vortex started with the Green New Deal, was made worse by Biden's poor choices for Cabinet staff, and worsened further by his intransigence on Energy Policy.
I'll bet that every person who enters hell finally admits they were wrong, don't they?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington