Author Topic: In Uvalde, A Picture Is Emerging Of Extreme Cowardice And Incompetence Among Local Police By: John D  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In Uvalde, A Picture Is Emerging Of Extreme Cowardice And Incompetence Among Local Police
By: John Daniel Davidson
May 27, 2022

As more details emerge about the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, it’s becoming hard not to conclude the worst about the local police response: Uvalde cops apparently stood aside and did nothing while the shooter killed 19 school children and two teachers inside a classroom.

A shocking news conference on Friday revealed that more than an hour passed after the shooting began and before an elite team of Border Patrol agents, whom Uvalde police had prevented from storming the classroom earlier, decided to ignore those orders and confront the gunman, ending the massacre.

During this time, about 78 minutes, as many as 19 police officers were reportedly in the hallway outside the classroom, while multiple students inside the classroom called 911 begging for the police to be sent in. But none came.

At the news conference, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said the on-scene commander mistakenly believed that the shooter had barricaded himself in the classroom and that “there were no kids at risk,” which is just a euphemism for believing that all the kids in the classroom had already been killed. Pressed on this by reporters in a series of tense exchanges, McCraw at one point said, “From the benefit of hindsight where I’m sitting now, of course it was not the right decision. It was the wrong decision. Period.”

Who made that decision? McCraw said that the on-scene commander was the chief of police of the Uvalde school district, a man named Pete Arredondo. Chief Arredondo was not at the press conference, and no one has heard from him since Tuesday.

How Chief Arredondo could have possibly concluded that there were no children at risk and that this was not an “active shooter situation,” while 911 calls were coming from kids inside the classroom with the shooter, is perhaps the central question that needs to be answered. On Friday, McCraw detailed some of those harrowing 911 calls. Keep in mind that during these calls the local police stood outside and did nothing.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/27/in-uvalde-a-picture-is-emerging-of-extreme-cowardice-and-incompetence-among-local-police/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It used to be not uncommon in years gone by to lynch deserving criminals.

If this picture of the cowardly police chief is substantiated, he deserve to have this old practice resurrected.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

We may now have an insight into his cowardice.  He was promoted into politics.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,470600.msg2648640.html#msg2648640
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How Chief Arredondo could have possibly concluded that there were no children at risk and that this was not an “active shooter situation,” while 911 calls were coming from kids inside the classroom with the shooter, is perhaps the central question that needs to be answered. On Friday, McCraw detailed some of those harrowing 911 calls. Keep in mind that during these calls the local police stood outside and did nothing.

Right there. End of discussion. Unless the cops got rid of their radios and had no communication with the outside world, they are straight forward lying. Even if they had no comms, that itself is damning.

This is criminal negligence at best.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In Uvalde, A Picture Is Emerging Of Extreme Cowardice And Incompetence Among Local Police

Gee! You REALLY think so?  /S
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

I think the takeaway from all this is to trust only oneself for your safety, never the government.

So we need guns to protect ourselves.