Author Topic: Prices rose at slightly slower rate in April, new data shows  (Read 601 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Prices rose at slightly slower rate in April, new data shows
by Sylvan Lane - 05/27/22 8:38 AM ET

Consumer prices grew at slower yearly and monthly rates in April, according to data released Friday by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

The personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index, the Federal Reserve’s preferred gauge of inflation, rose 6.3 percent in the 12 months ending in April, down from a 6.6 percent annual inflation rate in March.

The index rose 0.2 percent in April alone, well below the 0.9 percent monthly gain from March.

Without food and energy prices, which tend to be more volatile, the PCE price index rose 4.9 percent annually in April and 0.3 percent between March and April. The data was largely in line with economists’ expectations.

Inflation may have reached its peak earlier in the year as rising interest rates, shifting consumer spending habits and deepening concern about the global economy begin to weigh on price growth. Even so, the annual inflation rate remains close to four-decade highs and well above the Fed’s ideal level of 2 percent annual price growth.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3503759-prices-rose-6-3-percent-annually-in-april-per-feds-inflation-gauge/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Prices rose at slightly slower rate in April, new data shows
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 07:20:03 pm »
Oh really, on what? Because everything that I have bought, which is what I need to live sure seems to be increasing at an accelerating pace. I wouldn't now about things they call luxury goods and entertainment, well I have cancelled entertainment like Neltflix and Disney because they are out of line with my budget and beliefs.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 02:52:49 pm »
I don't beleive it.  From my observation, inflation is still in acceleration mode.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 01:45:28 pm »
CNN admits Biden's policies are to blame for record high gas prices.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1531631028632137730
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 03:32:31 pm »
I've started taking the bus to work.  $110 for a fill-up is ridiculous.  Spare parts are scarce, and it's becoming hard to find a competent or ethical mechanic who is not several weeks behind.