Author Topic: Boy Scout Wakes to His Leg in Bear's Jaws While Camping With Troop at NY State Park  (Read 321 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NBC New York By Ida Siegal May 24, 2022

The 12-year-old was sleeping under the stars with his buddies when the bear jolted everyone awake

"Be Prepared" may be the motto for the Boy Scouts, but a 12-year-old from New York was anything but prepared for the encounter he had while on a recent camping trip -- one that saw his leg end up in the jaws of a black bear.

The uninvited guest was peaking around a campsite late at night at Harriman State Park in Rockland and Orange counties, in search of some human food, when it stumbled on a group of Boy Scouts from Cooperstown.

"It moved my friend John, and then it moved me — but instead of grabbing my sleeping bag it grabbed my leg and it bit me," said Henry Ayers.

The 12-year-old was sleeping under the stars with his buddies when the bear jolted everyone awake.

More: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/boy-scout-is-awoken-by-black-bear-biting-his-leg-while-camping-with-troop-in-new-york/3702155/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Fortunately, Henry wasn’t seriously injured, save for a few scratches on his leg.

He came out lucky. Chicks dig scars.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
THERE is a kid that is going to have a lot of trouble taking naps in the future.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He came out lucky. Chicks dig scars.

Pain heals. Glory lasts forever.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.