Author Topic: President Biden: ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Has ‘No Negative Impact on 2nd Amendment’  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Biden: ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Has ‘No Negative Impact on 2nd Amendment’

AWR Hawkins 25 May 2022

During the ceremony for the signing 0f an executive order related to policing and George Floyd’s death, President Biden claimed an “assault weapon” ban has “no negative impact on the Second Amendment.”

Biden brought up the heinous attack on Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, then said, “We must ask,  when in God’s name will we do what needs to be done to, if not completely stop, [at least] fundamentally change the amount of carnage that goes on in this country.”

He said, “To state the obvious…I’m sick and tired of what’s going on and continues to go on.”

Biden then reflected on his time “working for common sense gun reforms” as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and as Vice President. After admitting that the gun controls would not stop every attack, he claimed that the controls have “no negative impact on the Second Amendment.”

He suggested, “The Second Amendment is not absolute,” then alluded to the federal “assault weapon” ban by saying, “These actions were taken before, and they saved lives, and they can do it again.”

Breitbart News reported that Biden also pushed for an “assault weapon” ban on Tuesday night, just hours after the Robb Elementary School attack.

Biden said, “What in God’s name do you need an ‘assault weapon’ for except to kill someone? Deer aren’t running through the forest with Kevlar vests on, for God’s sake.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/25/president-biden-assault-weapon-ban-has-no-negative-impact-on-2nd-amendment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

What in God’s name do you need an ‘assault weapon’ for except to kill someone? .....That's the point Joe.

Online Right_in_Virginia

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

The Lib Religion

6:31 PM · May 25, 2022   Twitter for iPhone

Offline Killer Clouds

This is all BS because there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" . The narrative has also changed from "assault weapon" to "weapons of war". These useless idiots have no idea what they are talking about. And yes the Bill of Rights is absolute. Nowhere in the BoR does it say "except for". Just because the DCP doesn't like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights doesn't change the fact that our right are absolute.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:41:26 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well Joe if you feels so strongly about banning assault weapons, start with your SS protection, The FBI, all those federal agencies that have been issued them that have absolutely no reason for them. Before you disarm Americans set the example, you know your SS detail doesn't need them to protect you because I doubt a single one wants to anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh look!  Joe's moving his lips again!  We all know what that means....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh look!  Joe's moving his lips again!  We all know what that means....
His diapers full so he's eliminating out of the other orifice?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It is the first, incremental step to disarm the American citizenry.

People wouldn't be so suspicious and distrusting if Nancy Pelosi hadn't said she wants to take away everyone's guns.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,not any of HIS neighborhoods,of course.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After years of honest JOE, truth sayer Joe, one thing you can be sure of, Joe certainly wouldn't lie to us about anything, right?
 :bsflag: :mauslaff: :laughingdog: :mauslaff: :bsflag:
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
After years of honest JOE, truth sayer Joe, one thing you can be sure of, Joe certainly wouldn't lie to us about anything, right?
 :bsflag: :mauslaff: :laughingdog: :mauslaff: :bsflag:
 :smokin:

@christian I love the cut of your jib.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Makes me wonder how business is goin' at the gunshops over the last few days...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is all BS because there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" . The narrative has also changed from "assault weapon" to "weapons of war". These useless idiots have no idea what they are talking about. And yes the Bill of Rights is absolute. Nowhere in the BoR does it say "except for". Just because the DCP doesn't like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights doesn't change the fact that our right are absolute.
"Assault Weapon" is the boogeyman of today, just like "(anthropogenic) Climate Change", and no one even questions the fundamental question of whether either exist as proclaimed. Conclusions based on flawed fundamental assumptions are as useful as navigating on a flat earth.

And yes, ANYTHING which infringes on my right to keep and bear arms is in violation of "shall not be infringed", and that includes a host of laws on the books now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

"Assault Weapon" is the boogeyman of today, just like "(anthropogenic) Climate Change", and no one even questions the fundamental question of whether either exist as proclaimed. Conclusions based on flawed fundamental assumptions are as useful as navigating on a flat earth.

And yes, ANYTHING which infringes on my right to keep and bear arms is in violation of "shall not be infringed", and that includes a host of laws on the books now.
Yeah they have traded ASSAULT WEAPONS for the BS term WEAPONS OF WAR. These lying idiots don't know the process for buying any kind of firearm much less the hoops one must jump through to truly own a weapon of war. The average person can't own or afford to own a full automatic weapon.