Author Topic: Mysterious Bahamas deaths attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mysterious Bahamas deaths attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning
by Christopher Hutton, Breaking News Reporter
 | May 24, 2022 08:35 AM

Coroners have determined the cause of death for three Americans who were found dead at a Bahamas resort.

The autopsy and toxicology reports of Michael and Robbie Phillips and Vincent Chiarella were released on Monday. The new reports revealed that the causes of death were less suspicious than expected.

The trio died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Sandals Resort, according to the Nassau Guardian. No additional information has been released.

The Phillips and Chiarella reported feeling ill on May 5 and reported to a local clinic, according to local authorities. Donnis Chiarella also reported feeling sick but was flown out of the Bahamas to a Miami hospital on May 8 to get additional medical care.

Carbon monoxide poisoning and deaths have been a problem at vacation resorts in the past. At least 12 people died from carbon monoxide poisoning at short-term rentals in 2019. Resorts outside of the United States appear to have been a particular source of carbon monoxide poisonings.

At least 14 people died from carbon monoxide poisoning while vacationing in the Dominican Republic between 2016 and 2019, according to Fox 13.

The main way to counter the spread of carbon monoxide is a carbon monoxide sensor.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mysterious-bahamas-deaths-attributed-to-carbon-monoxide-poisoning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Mysterious Bahamas deaths attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 01:11:37 pm »
The main way to counter the spread of carbon monoxide is a carbon monoxide sensor.
Or - open a window?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 01:29:21 pm »
What was the supposed source of the carbon monoxide?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 02:02:45 pm »
What was the supposed source of the carbon monoxide?
That's what was absent from the article, and I, too,am curious.

Knowing the source might help prevent more deaths.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 02:05:37 pm »
That's what was absent from the article, and I, too,am curious.

Knowing the source might help prevent more deaths.

Exactly.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 02:32:22 pm »
The Phillips and Chiarella reported feeling ill on May 5 and reported to a local clinic, according to local authorities. Donnis Chiarella also reported feeling sick but was flown out of the Bahamas to a Miami hospital on May 8 to get additional medical care.

Symptoms of carbon dioxide poisoning include

nausea,
vomiting,
dizziness,
headache,
rapid breathing,
fast heart rate, and
flushing (warmth, redness, or tingling of the skin).
Symptoms of severe cases of carbon dioxide poisoning may include
confusion,
convulsions, and
loss of consciousness.

I wonder what symptoms they presented? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 02:35:10 pm »
I guess we all need to travel with a carbon dioxide detector....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 02:39:56 pm »

That's what I was thinking, too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 03:01:12 pm »
Is it weired that after my reading this and seeing that carbon monoxide poisoning is and has been a problem, apparently with tourists, that I think serial killer? It looks like the May temps in the Bahamas is around 80 to 90 during the day and 70 at night so I wouldn't think they would be using a heater.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 01:10:03 pm »
Is it weired that after my reading this and seeing that carbon monoxide poisoning is and has been a problem, apparently with tourists, that I think serial killer? It looks like the May temps in the Bahamas is around 80 to 90 during the day and 70 at night so I wouldn't think they would be using a heater.

It could be coming from other sources, such as from the exhaust of a generator, if, for example, the clean air intake for the a/c system is placed too close to the exhaust, or if prevailing winds blow the exhaust to the clean air intake.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 01:13:35 pm »

Carbon Monoxide

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2022, 03:51:45 pm »
It could be coming from other sources, such as from the exhaust of a generator, if, for example, the clean air intake for the a/c system is placed too close to the exhaust, or if prevailing winds blow the exhaust to the clean air intake.
Seeing that these deaths have been occurring since at least you would think that some government agency would have inspected for proper placement of intakes and exhausts. And if not by the locals then you would think at least a couple of families would have engaged an attorney for a wrongful death suit that would have. And why if this is happening so often haven't the resorts installed CO alarms themselves?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 05:04:06 pm »
Seeing that these deaths have been occurring since at least you would think that some government agency would have inspected for proper placement of intakes and exhausts. And if not by the locals then you would think at least a couple of families would have engaged an attorney for a wrongful death suit that would have. And why if this is happening so often haven't the resorts installed CO alarms themselves?

Different countries, different legal systems, different regulatory regimes, and different standards of care, damages, and liability.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2022, 09:00:04 pm »
Well...IPhones have just about everything now. Why not a CO detector?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2022, 09:02:11 pm »
Carbon Monoxide
Yes, but having CO2 detector could be of use too. When we emit too much CO2, a detector could instruct us to plant a tree somewhere.