Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62261 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Officers Entered Uvalde School 19 Minutes into Attack, Waited ‘Nearly Another Hour’ to Enter Classroom

AWR Hawkins 20 Jun 2022

A KVUE report claims officers were in Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, 19 minutes into the May 24, 2022, attack but did not enter the classroom where the gunman was located until “nearly another hour” later.

A photo obtained by KVUE and the Austin American-Statesman shows that the officers in the school at the 19-minute mark had AR-15 rifles and a ballistic shield:

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1539005390108622849

KVUE noted, “Investigators believe this will prove to be a significant development as it indicates they had more than enough firepower and protection to enter that classroom before they actually did.”

They added, “According to the latest timeline, officers ultimately breached the classroom at 12:50 p.m. The shooter entered at 11:33 a.m.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxeHz47o34Y&ab_channel=KVUE

A special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety arrived 20 minutes after the gunman had entered the school. The Texas Tribune relayed the conversation he had with officers who were in the building.

The conversation began with him asking if kids were still inside the classrooms:

“If there is, then they just need to go in,” the agent said.

Another officer answered, “It is unknown at this time.”

The agent shot back, “Y’all don’t know if there’s kids in there?” He added, “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there.”

“Whoever is in charge will determine that,” came the reply.

The inaction appeared too much for the special agent. He noted that there were still children in other classrooms within the school who needed to be evacuated.

“Well, there’s kids over here,” he said. “So I’m getting kids out.”

The Tribune reports that the attack lasted for 77 minutes and officers stayed outside classrooms 111 and 112, positioning themselves on either end of a hallway, “for most of those 77 minutes.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/20/report-officers-uvalde-school-19-minute-mark-attack-waited-hour-enter-classroom/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 01:20:07 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

A special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety arrived 20 minutes after the gunman had entered the school. The Texas Tribune relayed the conversation he had with officers who were in the building.

The conversation began with him asking if kids were still inside the classrooms:

“If there is, then they just need to go in,” the agent said.

Another officer answered, “It is unknown at this time.”

The agent shot back, “Y’all don’t know if there’s kids in there?” He added, “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there.”

“Whoever is in charge will determine that,” came the reply.

The inaction appeared too much for the special agent. He noted that there were still children in other classrooms within the school who needed to be evacuated.

“Well, there’s kids over here,” he said. “So I’m getting kids out.”

I want names.  Who is this "special agent", and who gave the reply “Whoever is in charge will determine that”?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

There is a very special place in hell for these "men", and I use that word in the loosest sense possible.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is a very special place in hell for these "men", and I use that word in the loosest sense possible.

:yowsa: :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Jun 21, 2022 8:15 AM EST
Journalists and parents kicked out of Uvalde City Council meeting on school shooting
Reporters were trying to witness a hearing with testimony about the shooting and to see surveillance footage from inside the school on the day of the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Tex.
Libby Emmons
Reporters were asked to leave a meeting at the Uvalde City Hall on Monday night after they were told that the Texas legislators who were present, along with law enforcement, were "intimidated" by the presence of reporters. A chaplain and parents were also asked to leave, prevented from hearing testimony about the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary that stole the lives of 19 children and two teachers.

As he was exiting, a chaplain said "we want the truth of why they didn't protect our kids," while another father said that his children were scared. Reporters were trying to witness a hearing being held by the a committee from the Texas House of Representatives to hear testimony about the shooting and gather information about the apparently lackluster police response. ...

When CNN correspondent Shimon Prokupecz asked the fire marshal why they journalists were asked to leave, and exactly who was intimidated by their presence, the fire marshal told Propupecz that "we actually had a lady who had a panic attack last week." ...
Full story and video at Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the excuses for why they didn't go in sooner was because they didn't have any ballistic shields?

@txradioguy

I think you are wrong about this. I think the prime excuse they used was "We didn't go in sooner because we are gutless weasels whose prime concern is,as always,officer safety. After all,WHY do you think we became cops?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Reporters were asked to leave a meeting at the Uvalde City Hall on Monday night after they were told that the Texas legislators who were present, along with law enforcement, were "intimidated" by the presence of reporters.

That's the whole point.  If you had been 'intimidated' from the time you took your oath of office, we wouldn't be in this situation.   Oh, the horror of being held accountable for your actions (and inactions), just like those of us in the real world.  If I had demonstrated this level of neglect at my job, not only would I already have been fired, but I could possibly be facing civil and/or criminal action as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Journalists and parents kicked out of Uvalde City Council meeting on school shooting
Reporters were trying to witness a hearing with testimony about the shooting and to see surveillance footage from inside the school on the day of the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Tex.
Libby EmmonsFull story and video at Post Millennial

Members of the City Council - politicians who thrive on being in the spotlight - are "intimidated" by the presence of reporters?  No, methinks they're intimidated about being caught out for having a thoroughly incompetent police force.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

I think you are wrong about this. I think the prime excuse they used was "We didn't go in sooner because we are gutless weasels whose prime concern is,as always,officer safety. After all,WHY do you think we became cops?"

That's a fair interpretation of what happened as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The more we learn the worse it gets! Which fully explains their attempts to prevent us from learning more. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

Oh,they are all "Manly McStud" during traffic stops of women and unarmed men. One hand on their pistol,and the other on their radio to call for backup.

It's when they meet someone else who is NOT a cop and is armed when they want to call out the National Guard to protect them.

Why the HELL do you think these pukes BECAME cops in the first place,if not to be able to carry loaded weapons everywhere they went,and get away scot-free with intimidating unarmed "civilians"?

I put "civilians" in quotation marks" because these punks see themselves as soldiers. I get a little dizzy from just thinking about THAT one.

BTW,not ALL cops are that way. Especially not the ones in rural areas. I am the one that convinced the local sheriff to vote FOR CC permits when the governor put it up to the local sheriffs to decide. He and I had known each other since I got out of the army,years before,and he was already a deputy on a different force.

So I walk into his office and ask him what he's going to do. He told me he is unsure,and leaning towards "No". So I tell him "What the hell? You have known me most of your freaking life,and I have been carrying a handgun illegally for most of that time,and you knew it,and I don't recall you EVER being scared of me. Hell,I have one in my pocket now,want to see it?"

He laughed,said "No,I don't want to see it."and then told his administrative assistant,who became the next sheriff after he retired,"Go ahead and just give him a permit for anything he wants without bothering me in the future,including machine guns."

He then told me "I want you to be the very first one in my office to get your permit the day they are approved. I want to personally fingerprint you and send your papers off to the state."

BTW,forgot to mention the local sheriff's dept used to have a LOT fewer officers than now. Prior to the above discussion with the sheriff,I have had a couple of different deputies knock on my door late at night and ask me if I would grab my 45 and ride along with them because they might have to make some arrests,and there were a lot of people there. They wanted me to just sit inside the patrol car and not come out unless he was attacked. We are talking about night duty cops that had an area to patrol by themselves that was maybe 40 miles long,and not all the people at these parties were locals they could trust. They would have gone without me if they had to,but these men weren't fools,and I,and maybe a few other "civilians" were the only "backups" available to them that they knew they could trust.

I obviously have NO problem with real cops,but I freaking despise these losers with badges who just do it so they can legally bully and intimidate people,but scream and run off an hide when they suspect that THEY might not have the upper hand.

I suspect the "real" cops think the same way,but just can't speak up for obvious reasons.

Sadly,I suspect the "real cops" are in the minority these days,and the posers dominate.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:15:33 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

What the bleep????????

Cops and the professional weasels we call politicians were INTIMIDATED" by the public at a public meeting?

WHO THE BLEEP do they think it is that provides ALL their funding,including travel pay and weapons?

Whoever these weasel politicians are,their names should be noted and they should be tossed out of office come the next elections,and replaced by someone who isn't intimidated by the voting public.

And the pols that replaces them should have "tossing those police chiefs out of office without pensions" as their first order of business.

I know the old Soviet Union is THE "model of a perfect government and society" by far too many of our politicians and the police chiefs of today,but we ain't there YET,and they too need to be tossed out on their asses with no pensions or other benefits.

Including body guards for the pols.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

That action very likely violated the Texas Open Meetings Act. 
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: Without doubt!

Texas Open meetings Act
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:43:04 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah it did.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Uvalde hires private law firm to block footage and audio from school shooting
The city has received 148 public records requests, and argues they should not have to respond to any of them because it could include "highly embarrassing information."
The Post Millennial, Jun 21, 2022

More:  https://thepostmillennial.com/uvalde-hires-private-law-firm-to-block-footage-and-audio-from-school-shooting?utm_campaign=64483

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Insider Paper
@InsiderPaper

BREAKING: Texas police commander says officers could have stopped the gunman in Uvalde school shooting within three minutes - AP

Posted on 8:06 AM · Jun 21st, 2022

https://gettr.com/post/p1f4n1i2b8b

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'He put the lives of officers before the lives of children': Texas' top cop issues blistering denouncement of Uvalde's police chief and calls him an 'abject failure' as he admits gunman could have been stopped in THREE MINUTES

Speaking at a State Senate hearing Tuesday, Texas Department of Public Safety head Steve McCraw slammed police's response to the May 24 massacre as 'an abject failure'
    McCraw said there had been enough cops at the scene to stop the gunman three minutes into the massacre
    The assertion saw McCraw become the latest to lay blame on the botched response on district police chief Pete Arredondo, who reportedly commanded cops on the scene to not confront gunman Salvadaor Ramos
    In his speech, McCraw said the district chief 'decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children'
    The committee was held a day after the Uldave families urged school officials to fire the police chief, during a heated board meeting over the cop's refusal to let officers engage the active shooter last month.
    Eight people - relatives of the 21 victims as well as residents - spoke during the open forum, held at the school's auditorium four weeks after the shooting
    The meeting saw relatives of victims join a chorus of voices calling for the nixing of Chief Pete Arredondo active shooter at Robb Elementary School last month.
    The move at the time was branded 'the wrong decision' by Texas Department of Public Safety head McCraw, and has inspired protests across the state

By Alex Hammer For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:58 EDT, 21 June 2022 | Updated: 14:21 EDT, 21 June 2022

Uvalde cops had enough officers on the scene of last month's mass shooting to stop the gunman in his tracks, Texas' top law enforcement official has revealed.

Speaking at a State Senate hearing Tuesday, Texas Department of Public Safety head Steve McCraw slammed police's response to the May 24 massacre as 'an abject failure,' and that there had been enough cops at the scene to stop the gunman just three minutes into the shooting.

'Three minutes after the subject entered the west hallway, there was sufficient number of armed officers wearing body armor, to isolate distract and neutralize the subject,' McCraw told the committee while reviewing the timeline of the day's tragic events.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10938229/Uvalde-victims-families-call-police-chief-fired-heated-school-board-meeting.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 21, 2022 2:37pm EDT
Uvalde city council to consider leave of absence for school police chief Arredondo as pressure mounts
Arredondo's response to the shooting was an 'abject failure,' official says
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

The Uvalde City Council in Texas will consider imposing a leave of absence on school police chief and councilman Peter Arredondo later Tuesday.

Uvalde Mayor Don McGlaughlin is also scheduled to hold a press conference following Tuesday night's city council meeting. The meeting will be the council's first full session since a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in late May.

Arredondo was the on-scene commander for the police response to the shooting, and he has come under intense scrutiny as more details of the response reach the public.

Arredondo and other officers responded within three minutes of shooter Salvador Ramos beginning his rampage, but did not breach the door to the pair of classrooms for more than an hour.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-city-council-consider-leave-absence-school-police-chief-arredondo-pressure
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Members of the City Council - politicians who thrive on being in the spotlight - are "intimidated" by the presence of reporters?  No, methinks they're intimidated about being caught out for having a thoroughly incompetent police force.
I think they all wanted a chance to sort out the new narrative without anyone else in the room. Whose asses were going to be covered and how, and what new story they were going to pimp to everyone. That way, if they all tell the same lies, it is harder to find out the truth.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 21, 2022 3:30pm EDT
Texas official: Uvalde shooter driven by social media fame, 'abhorrent behavior' went unchecked for months
Texas teacher says Uvalde school shooter 'was the one student who scared her most,' DPS chief testifies

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Texas officials holding a special Senate hearing on the Uvalde elementary school mass shooting recognized how despite the 18-year-old gunman’s prior "abhorrent behavior" and animal abuse being common knowledge in the small town of just 17,000 people it was never reported to law enforcement.

During his testimony, Col. Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, also acknowledged how social media — and the lure of instant worldwide notoriety — may have motivated 18-year-old Salvador Ramos to commit the act of mass violence at Robb Elementary School on May 24.

In the aftermath of the shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead, McCraw told the Texas Senate "Special Committee to Protect All Texans" that he has interviewed between 500 to 700 people so far as part of continuing investigations. He said one teacher told him Ramos "was the student who scared her the most" and that the suspect had begun "dressing like a mass shooter" months before.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-official-uvalde-shooter-social-media-fame-abhorrent-behavior-unchecked
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

I think they all wanted a chance to sort out the new narrative without anyone else in the room. Whose asses were going to be covered and how, and what new story they were going to pimp to everyone. That way, if they all tell the same lies, it is harder to find out the truth.

Which is precisely why we have Sunshine laws.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Yup! You just KNOW it breaks their hearts to lay all the blame on a PC "Spanish/Mexican" Chief of Police,but it was either him or them,and it ain't NEVER gonna be "them" when the blame starts going around.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grandma Told Shooter to Get Rid of Gun Before Uvalde Massacre

The woman Salvador Ramos shot in the face discovered a weapon a few days before his horrific attack and wanted it out of the house, sources say.
Matt Pierce
Michael Daly

ULVADE, Texas–In the days before Salvador Ramos shot and killed 21 people at Robb Elementary School, his grandmother demanded he remove a gun from her house, according to a neighbor and a law-enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

Rudy Martinez, who lives in the same neighborhood as Ramos’ family, told The Daily Beast that on the Thursday prior to the deadly massacre, Celia Gonzales, also known as “Sally,” described Ramos becoming outraged at her for insisting he get at least one gun out of her house.

“We heard them yelling,” Martinez told The Daily Beast. “I asked Sally what they were fighting about this time, and she told me that her and her sister or someone had found out that Salvador had brought guns into her house. She didn’t want them there.”

The mass murderer’s aunt, Natalie Salazar, told authorities that family had discovered a semi-automatic rifle in a duffle bag that day—May 19—and told him he had to take it out of the house because his grandfather has a criminal record and is not allowed to possess firearms, according to the law enforcement source. The source believes that the weapon was the Smith & Wesson M&P15 that Ramos legally purchased on May 17, one day after his 18th birthday. Salazar told authorities that Ramos left that residence following the grandmother’s discovery, according to the law-enforcement source.

Records show Ramos acquired a second rifle, a Daniel Defense M4 V7, that Friday. He did not did not appear to have either rifle in his immediate possession when he returned to the home on Sunday, according to the law-enforcement source. The shooting was carried out on Tuesday, May 24.

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/salvador-ramos-uvalde-shooter-told-by-celia-gonzales-to-remove-gun-from-house-before-robb-elementary-attack?ref=scroll
Support the USO