Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62204 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why would they need it?  The school system has their own police force to protect them.
It is just not protection.

It is to answer questions like "When was the door propped open?"

or

"How long did it take police to break down a door?"

We see every day instances of crimes being committed and recorded on video https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,187.0.html 

Do these videos protect the victims from crimes or record who and what was done?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

I was being sarcastic.  But when it comes to video surveillance, Democrats are OK with it when it comes to spying on you, but they will block any attempt to monitor themselves.

The fact of the matter is that surveillance cameras are everywhere these days.  Why not schools?  Have the teachers unions been purposely blocking the presence of video cameras in their schools and classrooms, lest anyone find out how much they are indoctrinating our kids to become communist activists?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

I was being sarcastic.  But when it comes to video surveillance, Democrats are OK with it when it comes to spying on you, but they will block any attempt to monitor themselves.

The fact of the matter is that surveillance cameras are everywhere these days.  Why not schools?  Have the teachers unions been purposely blocking the presence of video cameras in their schools and classrooms, lest anyone find out how much they are indoctrinating our kids to become communist activists?
Have we been told there were NOT cameras at the schools?

If there were cameras present, what are the hiding?  Let's peek into the laptop
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Have we been told there were NOT cameras at the schools?

If there were cameras present, what are the hiding?  Let's peek into the laptop

Security cameras that actually show crime in action are usually "temporarily broken."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Uvalde teacher says incorrect accusation she left door open left her ‘heartbroken’
by Sarakshi Rai - 06/03/22 11:53 AM ET

A Robb Elementary School teacher, who has been at the center of the Uvalde shooting timeline after Texas officials issued initial statements saying she left a door “propped open,” was reportedly “heartbroken” by the insinuation that officials later said was incorrect.

In interviews with reporters, the teacher’s lawyer Don Flanary said that the incorrect accusations that she left the door open have left his client “shaken” and made her want to come forward with her story.

“She felt alone, like she couldn’t even grieve,” Flanary told CNN. “She second-guessed herself, like ‘did I not do that?’” he added.

Her lawyer told ABC News that it was heartbreaking and “traumatic for her when it’s insinuated that she’s involved.”

Flanary told reporters that the teacher had stepped out to bring in food when she saw a car crash and propped the door open with a rock while she went to grab her phone to call 911. When she walked back out, she saw the gunman and kicked the rock and shut the door.

“[Someone] yelled, ‘He’s got a gun,” the teacher told NewsNation in an interview. “I ran back into my building. I still had the rock in the door. So, I opened the door, kicked the rock, and then locked [the door],” she added.

Originally, police said the teacher had left the door open, which is one of a number of details that have been adjusted or corrected by investigators in an evolving and changing timeline in the week since the tragedy.

Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) initially said a teacher had propped the door open shortly before the gunman, Salvador Ramos, 18, entered the school.

They later walked back the statement and said the teacher had propped the door open with a rock, but then removed it and closed the door when she realized there was a shooter on campus, Travis Considine, chief communications officer for the Texas DPS, told The Associated Press.

While the door was designed to lock when shut, it didn’t do so in this instance, Considine said.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3510803-uvalde-teacher-says-incorrect-accusation-she-left-door-open-left-her-heartbroken/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Security cameras that actually show crime in action are usually "temporarily broken."

Strategically broken...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Uvalde teacher says incorrect accusation she left door open left her ‘heartbroken’
by Sarakshi Rai - 06/03/22 11:53 AM ET

A Robb Elementary School teacher, who has been at the center of the Uvalde shooting timeline after Texas officials issued initial statements saying she left a door “propped open,” was reportedly “heartbroken” by the insinuation that officials later said was incorrect.

In interviews with reporters, the teacher’s lawyer Don Flanary said that the incorrect accusations that she left the door open have left his client “shaken” and made her want to come forward with her story.

“She felt alone, like she couldn’t even grieve,” Flanary told CNN. “She second-guessed herself, like ‘did I not do that?’” he added.

Her lawyer told ABC News that it was heartbreaking and “traumatic for her when it’s insinuated that she’s involved.”

Flanary told reporters that the teacher had stepped out to bring in food when she saw a car crash and propped the door open with a rock while she went to grab her phone to call 911. When she walked back out, she saw the gunman and kicked the rock and shut the door.

“[Someone] yelled, ‘He’s got a gun,” the teacher told NewsNation in an interview. “I ran back into my building. I still had the rock in the door. So, I opened the door, kicked the rock, and then locked [the door],” she added.

Originally, police said the teacher had left the door open, which is one of a number of details that have been adjusted or corrected by investigators in an evolving and changing timeline in the week since the tragedy.

Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) initially said a teacher had propped the door open shortly before the gunman, Salvador Ramos, 18, entered the school.

They later walked back the statement and said the teacher had propped the door open with a rock, but then removed it and closed the door when she realized there was a shooter on campus, Travis Considine, chief communications officer for the Texas DPS, told The Associated Press.

While the door was designed to lock when shut, it didn’t do so in this instance, Considine said.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3510803-uvalde-teacher-says-incorrect-accusation-she-left-door-open-left-her-heartbroken/

This is called CYA in some circles.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

If she knew there was a shooter present, why didn't she pull on the door to make damned sure that it did close and lock properly?  I smell some post-hoc CYA and rationalization.

Offline berdie

I swore I wasn't going to post on this thread again until after there was more definitive evidence.  I'm still pretty emotional about this. Yet here I am.

The press and certain officials jumped out way too early to try to explain this. There are still conflicting stories. So I still don't buy a lot of them.

Did the door lock? Did it not? Did the "in charge" person get the 911 info that there were kids in the room? Or did he not? And is it possible that some of the kid's texts/calls were coming from other rooms? Hell...I'd be scared out of my mind and I'm not a little kid.

The sad fact is that there will be more casualties (not in a physical sense necessarily). People accused of causing this tragedy will suffer.

I don't believe that 19 leos stood outside that door for no reason. Let's face it, the BT SWAT force stood outside for 20 minutes (or so reported at this time). I don't believe that the "charge" officer issued a "stand down" for no reason.

And the sad fact is...no matter what the outcome of an investigation, these people will never overcome the reputation of being cowards.

She did leave it unlocked, which is the same as being open unless you are trying to keep out the mosquitos

I wonder why she is confused.

Offline berdie

If she knew there was a shooter present, why didn't she pull on the door to make damned sure that it did close and lock properly?  I smell some post-hoc CYA and rationalization.

Maybe, since the door should have locked, she assumed it did. And got back to her schoolroom to secure it?

Or hidden from public eyes

There’s Likely Bodycam Footage of the Uvalde School Shooting. The Public May Never See It.
By Texas law, cops must keep their bodycams on while working. But it's possible police will use the "dead suspect loophole" to keep anyone from seeing the footage.
The only people who really know what happened inside Robb Elementary School last week are the cops who responded to the scene, the 19 kids and teachers who were killed, the survivors, and the deceased gunman himself. 

The rest of us have been left to piece together the nightmarish chain of events with minimal information provided to the public by Texas officials. And there are still a lot of questions: the main one being, what could the police see and hear from the hallway they stood in for 78 minutes waiting for backup, while the gunman was barricaded into a classroom slaughtering kids?
In the absence of clear answers, some have hoped that video footage from the scene will shed light on the apparent lack of action from the nearly 20 cops who waited outside the classroom, even as fourth-grade kids were desperately calling 911 begging for help inside.

It’s highly likely that at least some of those officers, which included officers from Uvalde Police Department as well as the school district’s police department, were outfitted with body-cameras. (Neither Uvalde Police Department nor the Uvalde School District Police Department responded to VICE News’ inquiries).

Officers with the Uvalde Police Department first got bodycams in 2015.

In November 2020, they borrowed more than $13,000 from the city council to spend on state-of-the-art bodycams. According to an article in Uvalde Leader-News at the time, the plan was to get that money reimbursed by a grant from the Justice Department (there’s currently no record of the city of Uvalde receiving a DOJ grant since then).

They got 16 bodycams in total, manufactured by a California tech company, plus a sophisticated “evidence management system.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpee8/uvalde-texas-police-bodycams

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Research shows armed teachers save lives

Bearing Arms By Cam Edwards | Jun 02, 2022

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/02/research-shows-armed-teachers-save-lives-n58998

The idea of arming trained, volunteer school staff members to serve as a first line of defense against any targeted attack on students has been dismissed by Democratic lawmakers and teachers unions alike, but a majority of voters appear much more receptive to the idea. A new poll by the Trafalgar Group found almost 60% of voters believe that the absence of armed school staff members makes schools more dangerous, with just 30% disagreeing.

More importantly, as we discuss on today’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co, research into the idea bolsters the claims by supporters that having an armed presence on campus can save lives… a lot of lives.

Dr. J. Eric Dietz is the director of the Homeland Security Institute at Purdue University, and has been studying this issue for years with an eye towards reducing casualties and ending these active shooter incidents as quickly as possible. During today’s conversation, Dietz told me that computer modeling conducted by the HSI shows that two things can reduce fatalities in an active shooter situation on a school campus by more than 80%; the presence of a school resource officer who can engage the assailant, and 5-10% of school staff members who have been trained and are armed to protect kids in locked classrooms.

The idea isn’t teachers would be roaming the hallways looking for the attacker. Under Dietz’s modeling, that’s left up to law enforcement, with the armed staff members sheltering in place with their students and taking action only if the door to their classroom (or library, or administrative office) is breached.

Still, many educators want nothing to do with the idea.

More at link.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In this day and age of ting doorbells and webcams, every school should have a centralized setup which shows door status (open/closed--locked/unlocked) This has been done with the hatches on submarines since the days of the old fleet boats. Whether hardwired or accessible with an ap, that status should be up for every classroom, ideally, too, and it should definitely at least be visible at a location in the administrative offices. 

Essentially, this would give an at-a-glance status report of the security integrity of the building, and it could be retrofitted into many, if not all schools. While it would be a little more expensive, all ground floor windows could be similarly equipped.

Take down the stupid advertisements of soft targets ("gun free" School signs), and replace them with signs that say words to the effect of "We have armed personnel on campus who will not hesitate to use lethal force to protect these children and our staff."
Enough taunting these nutcases with low hanging fruit and free-fire target rich environments.

Put teeth in that by at least sending all faculty and staff to firearm safety training, and let those who desire it continue with shooting courses that will enhance their ability to deal with a threat--then, let them carry on campus unless they are raving nutcases, too. (If they are nutcases, WTF are they doing there?) If you can't trust them with a gun, why are they trusted with kids?

This would be a lot cheaper than siphoning off millions from foreign aid, and might actually prevent the next incident, rather than going after all the people's property who had nothing whatsoever to do with any of these horrorshows.

As for the 'educators who want nothing to do with the idea of defending their charges', take your degree and go work fast food or something. I once dated a gal who had killed a rattlesnake with a stick because it was on the playground of the small school she taught at. She was there to defend the kids, too, not just teach them.  If they aren't willing to defend those kids (and, incidentally, themselves), maybe they should find a different vocation.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 04:12:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Send help for my teacher, she is shot but still alive,’ Uvalde victim told 911 while cops waited outside
June 4, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

The top law enforcement officer in charge during last week’s massacre at a Texas elementary school did not have his police radio with him when he arrived at the scene, a possible contributing factor in the disastrous police response to the shooting that claimed the lives of 19 children and 2 adult teachers, one of whom may have been saved had police acted quicker.

According to a New York Times report, Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department Chief Pete Arredondo’s lack of the radio “may have impeded his immediate ability to communicate with police dispatchers,” as the situation unfolded with children trapped inside of Robb Elementary School with the gunman desperately called 911 for help.

One of those calls suggests that one of the two adult teachers who was shot by 18-year-old Salvador Ramos during his killing spree could have been saved had police acted to confront the shooter rather than react as if it were a barricaded hostage situation.

In one of the 911 calls, 10-year-old Khloie Torres told a police dispatcher that “There is a lot of bodies.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/04/send-help-for-my-teacher-she-is-shot-but-still-alive-uvalde-victim-told-911-while-cops-waited-outside-1246103/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU6mW_O8Chs&ab_channel=KENS5%3AYourSanAntonioNewsSource

This little girl needs counseling instead of parading her around to news outlets...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:32:46 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No excuse: Uvalde commander had no radio, but other first responders could hear the 911 calls
June 4, 2022 | Ashley Hill

Texas State Sen. Roland Gutierrez unleashed a jaw-dropping admission about the lack of communications at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas where the community is still reeling from the loss of 19 children and 2 adults to an active shooter on May 24.

“I went to the Commission on State Emergency Communications,” Gutierrez told CNN host Kate Bolduan on “At This Hour With Kate Bolduan” on Friday morning. “What I was told specifically is that in this area of Uvalde, those calls are dispatched through Uvalde PD, not the ISD as we were told before. PD dispatchers would then send as many as 17 different, to 17 different first responders, up to and including that school district. They are in the system.”

“That said, I have been told that this person did not have, this person being the incident commander, did not have radio communication,” the democratic state senator said. “And I don’t know as to why. And so those are the things that we do know.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/04/senator-makes-stunning-claim-uvalde-commander-had-no-radio-but-other-first-responders-could-hear-911-calls-1246079/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No excuse: Uvalde commander had no radio, but other first responders could hear the 911 calls
June 4, 2022 | Ashley Hill

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://embed.air.tv/v1/iframe/Zqh5OSI-Qd2jyIwT2lfbUg?organization=LJ10S7THQdSjR0yQuzEugw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Texas State Sen. Roland Gutierrez unleashed a jaw-dropping admission about the lack of communications at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas where the community is still reeling from the loss of 19 children and 2 adults to an active shooter on May 24.

“I went to the Commission on State Emergency Communications,” Gutierrez told CNN host Kate Bolduan on “At This Hour With Kate Bolduan” on Friday morning. “What I was told specifically is that in this area of Uvalde, those calls are dispatched through Uvalde PD, not the ISD as we were told before. PD dispatchers would then send as many as 17 different, to 17 different first responders, up to and including that school district. They are in the system.”

“That said, I have been told that this person did not have, this person being the incident commander, did not have radio communication,” the democratic state senator said. “And I don’t know as to why. And so those are the things that we do know.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/04/senator-makes-stunning-claim-uvalde-commander-had-no-radio-but-other-first-responders-could-hear-911-calls-1246079/

@mystery-ak

I almost think I now know even less about this than I did before I read it.

Am I the only one?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak

I almost think I now know even less about this than I did before I read it.

Am I the only one?

You are not the only one.  The story gets murkier with every telling.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You are not the only one.  The story gets murkier with every telling.

CYA at every turn.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
CYA at every turn.

Yes.  The story getting more confusing by the day is a "tell" that we are being lied to on a grand scale. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Uvalde Mother Who Ran Into School Says Police Threatened to Violate Her Probation for Speaking to Media
Zachary Leeman - 1h ago

Angeli Rose Gomez says she has been threatened by law enforcement after speaking to the media and describing being handcuffed by Uvalde, Texas police outside of Robb Elementary School before she ran into the building herself to retrieve her own children while a gunman was barricaded inside.

Gomez has been highly critical of the police response to the shooting late last month, which ended with more than 20 dead. In an interview with CBS News this week, she described yelling at police outside the building while they waited, begging them to go in or give her a vest so she could rush in herself. Gomez has said that she did eventually go in to retrieve her two young children. She also claimed to see police pepper spray and tackle other parents trying to do the same.

Gomez said when she arrived at the school, she was almost immediately butting heads with officials on the scene, specifically a U.S. Marshal who told her she needed to stay away from the scene.

“He said, ‘Well, we’re going to have to arrest you because you’re being very uncooperative,'” she said. “I said, well you’re going to have to arrest me because I’m going in there.”

Gomez’s account of events adds more confusion to the decisions made at the scene too as she says when she was inside the building searching for her children, she could hear gunshots going off. This would have likely been after the on-scene commander had made the determination that it was no longer an active shooter situation, adding to an already delayed response. Texas Department of Safety head Steve McCraw has since admitted this call on the scene was “wrong.”

She also said there were no officers inside the school while she was there.

“There was not one officer inside the school while I ran to my second son’s class. There was not one officer,” she said.

She added police could have saved “many more lives” had they acted with more urgency.

“If anything, they were being more aggressive on us parents,” she said.

CBS reporter Lilia Luciano revealed after the interview that Gomez claimed to have received a call from a law enforcement officer saying her probation — which stems from a decade old charge — could be violated if she continued talking to the media. Gomez said after speaking with a judge who assured her this would not happen, she is not revealing more of her story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/uvalde-mother-who-ran-into-school-says-police-threatened-to-violate-her-probation-for-speaking-to-media/ar-AAY59YE?ocid=uxbndlbing
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
As more information comes out, it seems very likely the police and sheriff were passively supporting the shooter. Not only did they refuse to confront and subdue the perp, more than that they were actively 'protecting him' from angry parents. If they had acted half as aggressively toward the shooter as they aggressively attacked the parents, they could have stopped the shooting in minutes.

The only logical conclusion is that they did not want to stop him. The border patrol agents who shot the lunatic did so AGAINST orders. They were told to 'stand down' and refused.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

As more information comes out, it seems very likely the police and sheriff were passively supporting the shooter. Not only did they refuse to confront and subdue the perp, more than that they were actively 'protecting him' from angry parents. If they had acted half as aggressively toward the shooter as they aggressively attacked the parents, they could have stopped the shooting in minutes.

The only logical conclusion is that they did not want to stop him. The border patrol agents who shot the lunatic did so AGAINST orders. They were told to 'stand down' and refused.

It is pretty likely more kids would have lived if the police hadn't showed up at all.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is pretty likely more kids would have lived if the police hadn't showed up at all.
True. They were protecting/guarding him from the public. Had they not been there, it would have been over in no time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.