Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62199 times)

Offline Hoodat

A mother did what the police refused to do

What I don't get is why none of the 19 officers began evacuating other classrooms while they waited in the hall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A mother did what the police refused to do

@240B

Sounds to ME like she was the only one there capable of "manning up" and doing what needed to be done.

That city might consider her as a candidate for the job of Police Chief.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@240B

Sounds to ME like she was the only one there capable of "manning up" and doing what needed to be done.

That city might consider her as a candidate for the job of Police Chief.

@sneakypete

Uh...let's tone down the testosterone there, Pete!

It's an active crime scene...you cannot let civilians inside running around helter skelter.  Secondly, one parent gets shot and then what do you do?

My question is during those 44 minutes, was there any gunfire?  Apparently, not.  The deed was already finished.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@sneakypete

Uh...let's tone down the testosterone there, Pete!

It's an active crime scene...you cannot let civilians inside running around helter skelter.  Secondly, one parent gets shot and then what do you do?

My question is during those 44 minutes, was there any gunfire?  Apparently, not.  The deed was already finished.   :shrug:
Ridiculous.

Kids were in there bleeding to death.  Your cautious method guaranteed their demise.

And for all you know he could have been using a knife to silently kill more without a shot being fired.

Instead, parents who wanted to save their kids were being treated as criminals.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Jewish Deplorable
@TrumpJew2

Imagine if firefighters waited outside of a burning building because they were afraid of fire, knowing children were inside who would be burned to death

May 27, 2022, 11:55
I'd modify it this way.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Daily Mail
By HARRIET ALEXANDER
27 May 2022
  • Pete Arredondo, chief of police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District, had stopped at least 19 officers from breaking into the school
  • Steven McCraw, director of Texas Department of Public Safety, said Arredondo mistakenly believed the gunman was contained and no longer a threat
  • Two federal sources told NBC that teams of border patrol agents from their tactical division were on the scene by 12:00-12:15pm, but told to wait
  • They stood around for 30 minutes before taking matters into their own hands and deciding to storm the school
  • Arredondo is yet to appear at any press briefings but officials are facing increasingly angry questions about their handling of the attack
(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10862769/Federal-agents-DEFIED-Uvalde-police-chiefs-instructions-not-enter-school.html
This burns me up more than anything else.

The guy who commanded the response to the killing will not speak to anybody about it?

It better be because some parent has already silenced the coward.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 12:09:45 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline mountaineer

So many unanswered questions that we - rational people - keep asking. Where did Ramos get all the money for guns, ammo and gear? Why was the door propped open, and by whom?
Dennis Michael Lynch
@realDennisLynch
Am I the only guy wondering why the teacher at Robb opened the door 1-minute before Ramos arrived? Has law enforcement addressed this highly unusual move and the timing of it?  Coincidence maybe, but its terribly strange and downright stupid. She's more to blame than the cops.
8:41 AM · May 28, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 $2.4 million raised for 4 children left parentless following Uvalde shooting
by Lexi Lonas - 05/28/22 8:23 AM ET

A GoFundMe has raised $2.4 million for four children who were left without parents after the Uvalde, Texas, elementary school shooting that killed 19 children and two teachers.

Irma Garcia, who taught at Robb Elementary school for 23 years, died on Tuesday while she was protecting her children from the shooter.

Shortly after the tragedy, her husband of almost 25 years, Joe Garcia, died from a heart attack, likely caused by the stress from the incident.

The deaths leave their children: Cristian, 23; Jose, 19; Lyliana, 15; and Alysandra, 12, without parents.

A GoFundMe created two days ago by Debra Austin, Irma Garcia’s cousin, has already reached above and beyond its $10,000 goal, raising $2,451,710 for the children.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3504742-2-4-million-raised-for-4-children-left-parentless-following-uvalde-shooting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC: BORTAC agents who were told not to enter the school waited 30 minutes and then went in anyway
John Sexton May 27, 2022 8:40 PM ET

As Allahpundit pointed out here, when BORTAC agents showed up at Robb Elementary School Tuesday, they were told by the on scene commander not to enter the school. The NY Times reported the agents had driven from the border and showed up between noon and 12:10 pm. And we know from an earlier timeline that they finally breached the door around 12:50 pm and killed the suspect within a few minutes.

Now NBC has published a story with a small but significant update to what the Times reported earlier. It turns out the BORTAC agents who killed Ramos were never told to go inside. Instead, they got tired of waiting and simply decided on their own to go in.

According to the officials, agents from BORTAC, the Customs and Border Protection tactical unit, and ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) arrived on the scene between noon and 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday. Local law enforcement asked them to wait, and then instructed HSI agents to help pull children out of the windows.

The BORTAC team, armed with tactical gear, at first did not move toward the gunman. After approximately 30 minutes passed, however, the federal agents opted of their own volition to lead the “stack” of officers inside the school and take down the shooter.

more
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/05/27/nbc-bortac-agents-who-were-told-not-to-enter-the-school-waited-30-minutes-and-then-went-in-anyway-n472574
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Hoodat

Jewish Deplorable
@TrumpJew2

Imagine if firefighters waited outside of a burning building because they were afraid of fire

May 27, 2022, 11:55

Imagine if the Red Army waited outside the gates of Warsaw while the SS eradicated the Jweish ghettos, all because Stalin was afraid of post-war political opposition?  Oh wait  .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We have a whole Cat on political graphics..or start a different thread for them....please post them there and not here...thanks
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ridiculous.

Kids were in there bleeding to death.  Your cautious method guaranteed their demise.

And for all you know he could have been using a knife to silently kill more without a shot being fired.

Instead, parents who wanted to save their kids were being treated as criminals.
Precisely. The 'golden hour' for trauma patients was ticking away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Documents Reveal Uvalde Police Violated Protocols in Shocking Ways, Made Egregious Decision to Stand Down

By Bonchie
May 28, 2022

Questions over the Uvalde Police Department’s response to a school shooting carried out on Tuesday continue to rage. Multiple reports have painted a disturbing picture of both incompetence and egregious decision-making, with over a dozen officers standing by while the shooter killed 19 children. Perhaps even worse, after a tactical team from the Border Patrol arrived, they were also told to stand down before eventually disobeying the order and neutralizing the threat.

For their part, Texas DPS gave a presser that attempted to gloss over the failings, refusing to answer basic questions about what transpired.

Now, unearthed documents are showing how protocols were violated in shocking ways, with the police response directly contradicting the expectations they were given just months prior in regards to an active shooter situation.

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1530357972034936834

The instructions to officers aren’t vague. They directly say that the first priority is to confront the killer immediately, neutralize them, and then render aid. Nowhere does it say to hang back for an hour waiting on a tactical team before then preventing said tactical team from entering. Further, it notes that while not waiting for backup, even a single officer is expected to do his duty. This backs up what I’ve said in my prior critiques. Namely, in an active shooter situation, especially at a school with children, you play until the whistle and let the chips fall. If that results in an officer being killed, so be it. That’s the job, and that’s the expectation, not just from me, but from the Uvalde PD’s own stated protocols.

It gets worse, though. To those who might suggest that the fear of getting shot made it justifiable for the police to retreat and let the massacre continue, the documents specifically say that someone with such an attitude should find another line of work.

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/05/28/documents-reveal-uvalde-police-violated-protocols-in-shocking-ways-made-egregious-decision-to-stand-down-n571382

rebewranger

Border Patrol Agents Defied Uvalde Police Orders to Remain Outside School

By ZACHARY EVANS
May 28, 2022 10:51 AM

The Border Patrol agents who killed the school shooter in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday entered the school on their own accord after local law enforcement requested that they hold back, two senior federal law enforcement sources told NBC News on Friday.

The agents from BORTAC, Border Patrol’s tactical unit, arrived at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde from a location about 40 miles away, according to the New York Times. Agents from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) arrived around the same time, the federal sources told NBC.

Local law enforcement asked the two teams to wait, and then tasked HSI agents with pulling schoolchildren out of classroom windows. BORTAC agents waited about 30 minutes and then decided to ignore local law enforcement’s request to remain outside, entering the school and neutralizing the gunman.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/border-patrol-agents-defied-uvalde-police-orders-to-remain-outside-school/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm surprised little David "Attention" Hogg hasn't found a mic to lend his creditable voice, as a survivor of a mass school shooting, to the gun grab debate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I'm surprised little David "Attention" Hogg hasn't found a mic to lend his creditable voice, as a survivor of a mass school shooting, to the gun grab debate.
Don't worry, he has. He's on twitter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The more that comes out, the more this thing stinks, and this isn't the first time we've seen this.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde Cops Had ‘Active Shooter’ Training Just Weeks Before Elementary School Massacre
By  Virginia Kruta

May 28, 2022   DailyWire.com

Uvalde police officers have been widely criticized for their delayed response to the tragic shooting that took place Tuesday at Robb Elementary School – apparently despite the fact that the department had hosted an “Active Shooter Training” just nine weeks earlier.

The Reload’s Stephen Gutowski shared a photo of a flyer advertising the training course, hosted by the Uvalde Police Department, that was scheduled to take place in March. “It appears there was an active shooter class hosted by the Uvalde Police Department on March 21,2022. Here is the ad for the class that was posted on the Southwest Texas Junior College Law Enforcement Academy Facebook page on March 1st.”

According to the posted flyer, the training was actually titled: “Active Shooter for School-Based Law Enforcement.”

https://twitter.com/StephenGutowski/status/1530346400793370626

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/uvalde-cops-had-active-shooter-training-just-weeks-before-elementary-school-massacre
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Uvalde police chief who delayed officer response will join City Council
By Nika Shakhnazarova   
May 28, 2022 12:43pm

The school district police chief who held officers back during Tuesday’s chilling massacre is set to join the Uvalde City Council, according to reports.

Officer Pete Arredondo’s bungled orders resulted in the slowed response of at least 19 cops at Robb Elementary School, where a gunman opened fire and killed 19 students and two teachers, according to NBC News.

Arredondo was elected to the Uvalde City Council in the municipal election on May 7 after tallying up nearly 70 percent of the vote, Uvalde Leader-News reports.

At a news conference on Friday, Col. Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, implied Arredondo’s orders caused the police force’s slow response to the mass shooting.

Arredondo, is the Chief of Police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District and oversees eight schools, was not at the news conference.

McCraw, who did not name Arredondo, said the police chief mistakenly believed it had become a barricade or hostage situation. The only evidence anything had changed was that the shooting had slowed.

“With the benefit of hindsight, where I’m sitting now, of course, it was not the right decision, it was the wrong decision, period,” McCraw said. “There was no excuse for that.”

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-police-chief-who-delayed-response-to-join-city-council/
Support the USO

Offline Absalom

Wanna get the attention of our political establishment flunkies?????
Then instantly terminate the 19, masquerading in Police
costumes, who wandered the halls of the Uvalde School.
Also imprison those whose lies under oath are affirmed.
The lessons of history confirm that COWARDICE FOSTERS
DISGRACE TRIGGERING DEATH. AS WELL WARFARE
DEALS W/COWARDICE UNDER FIRE W/FIRING SQUADS.
TAKE NOTE TEXAS.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 12:07:27 am by Absalom »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
8 Examples Of People Being Incredible In The Face Of The Texas Massacre

excerpt:

6. Man Identifies Bodies, Shields Parents From Gruesome Sight

The Uvalde Justice of the Peace Eulalio Diaz worked late into the night Tuesday identifying the bodies of victims so that their families could have answers, according to the El Paso Times. In some cases he swabbed family members for DNA to spare them from having to identify their deceased loved ones.

https://twitter.com/fotornelas/status/1529514001394171904

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/28/people-being-incredible-uvalde-texas-massacre/
Support the USO