Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62230 times)

Offline mountaineer

Interesting but lengthy twitter thread on the root cause of school shootings. This poster says what many of us here already have noted.
The Gormogons
@Gormogons
Let's cut through the horsesh*t media and Dems are spewing.
The "root cause" of school shootings isn't easy availability of guns. It's not mental health. It's not lax gun laws. It's not law enforcement failures.
Those are contributory causes. None is the root cause.

The root cause is the Left's destruction of social, cultural, and religious norms and institutions in the name of progress.
 Without these norms and institutions, most Americans have become untethered. Untethered from God. Untethered from their communities. Untethered from their neighbors. Untethered from marriage and family. ...
7:18 AM · May 26, 2022·

https://twitter.com/Gormogons/status/1529783946694860800
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You'll have to show me that 'separation of Leprechauns and State' Supreme Court ruling.

@Hoodat

Wasn't necessary because Leprechauns never promised anyone eternal life in exchange for slavery,so nobody cared.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
@massadvj

Maybe he was a Goth?

Maybe.  Or maybe he was just a confused, crazy, mixed up, mentally-ill kid with no foundation in his life.  They are a dime a dozen these days. You can find them on Tik Tok all day long.

That is what bothers me the most about this. It was as much a failing of our institutions as it was this kid, and yet our leaders are so invested in the institutions, they will not admit our institutions are failing, so they blame the gun.

Offline Kamaji

Maybe.  Or maybe he was just a confused, crazy, mixed up, mentally-ill kid with no foundation in his life.  They are a dime a dozen these days. You can find them on Tik Tok all day long.

That is what bothers me the most about this. It was as much a failing of our institutions as it was this kid, and yet our leaders are so invested in the institutions, they will not admit our institutions are failing, so they blame the gun.

:thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes

I am more certain of this than I have ever been. Stop lockdown drills in all schools, immediately. It does nothing to protect kids. All it does is traumatize them, and in the worst case, plant the idea for some of them.

11:03 PM · May 25, 2022·Twitter Web App
Broken clock alert: this guy and I actually agree on something.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe.  Or maybe he was just a confused, crazy, mixed up, mentally-ill kid with no foundation in his life.   

@massadvj

There is a difference?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Our civilian political institutions are failing.  That's I surmise we are in danger of a military takeover.

What I don't understand is when and how 60 votes became required to pass something in the US Senate?

I remember when 51 votes, or 50 votes with the Vice President tie breaker, was enough to pass legislation and budgets.  A filibuster was when a Senator would hold the floor to prevent closure of debate.  60 votes was required to end the filibuster.

After writing that, it occurred to me that the US Senate is in a perpetual filibuster if it requires 60 votes to pass anything.

The filibuster was a ploy to buy time and get addition Senators to vote for or against something.

Now, it's an institutionalized obstruction to debate, votes, and progress.  Seems highly undemocratic.

Is the current Senate filibuster an artifact of Pelosi's and Harry Reid's statecraft to ram the Afforadable Care Act down our throats at any cost?  If so, their act of legislative expediency broke the instiution.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

Wasn't necessary because Leprechauns never promised anyone eternal life in exchange for slavery,so nobody cared.

Slavery?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Broken clock alert: this guy and I actually agree on something.

I think he was being sarcastic, but I don't know for sure in these days of Poe's Law.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:26:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nope ....

I'm not defending the actions of the officers. But we've demonized law enforcement to the point that there are far fewer rewards for being a hero, for taking risks. When your culture makes George Floyd the hero, real heroes stand down. Cultural rot has consequences. https://t.co/1YvYt121qt— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) May 26, 2022

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Slavery?

@Hoodat

What do you call people forced to follow orders or be burned in a perpetual fire?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Husband of one of the teacher's killed died of a heart attack...they have 4 children

https://twitter.com/fuhknjo/status/1529870121023557632
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MOD3

Please stay on topic.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Husband of one of the teacher's killed died of a heart attack...they have 4 children

https://twitter.com/fuhknjo/status/1529870121023557632

@mystery-ak

Not that it matters because the murderer is dead,but I think HE should be included in the list of victims.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

Not that it matters because the murderer is dead,but I think HE should be included in the list of victims.

I agree
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker
·
14h
Remember Sandy Hook? Why didn't Obama actually do something to secure schools from mass shooters since that 2012 atrocity?

My argument: Dems don't actually want to solve *school shootings,* they want to weaponize it to push gun control/confiscation.

Never forget the end game.
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Hoodat

So are Leprechauns and tooth faries.
Bullshit. Fairies are a protected class.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bullshit. Fairies are a protected class.

@Smokin Joe

Tooth Faries are not protected.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Tooth Faries are not protected.
That's racist, or something...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's racist, or something...

Try "Mythoginist?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

What do you call people forced to follow orders or be burned in a perpetual fire?

Forced?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Melugin
@BillFOXLA
·
2m
BREAKING: Texas DPS now says that there was no school police officer who encountered or engaged the mass shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX. Shooter was not confronted before entry and it appears he walked into the school through an unlocked door, per DPS.
Support the USO