Author Topic: Biden has no idea how to fight inflation  (Read 156 times)

rebewranger

Biden has no idea how to fight inflation
« on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:27 pm »
Biden has no idea how to fight inflation
And we'll pay the price for it

By Editorial Board - The Washington Times - Wednesday, May 18, 2022
OPINION:

The more President Biden talks about inflation the less we want to hear from him. Real wages are down. Prices are up considerably since he entered the White House. The latest jobs report, while meeting expectations, contains some clues the job market may be softening.

None of this seems to bother the president. Americans may be hurting, but, according to the first of what he says “will not be my only speech” on the subject, inflation is a problem that, while never that bad to begin with, is already on its way to being solved.

Mr. Biden’s policies, and those of progressives like him, are directly connected to the price spikes we’re all seeing. Suppliers have been put in a position where they can’t respond to increases in demand by increasing production. Instead, they and we must do more with less, a costly solution to say the least. Americans born during or after the Reagan administration have never experienced inflation like this. Those of us who remember the 1970s also probably remember how the trio of rising interest rates, inflation and unemployment kept us or our parents up at night, giving us something to fear besides “fear itself.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/may/18/editorial-biden-has-no-idea-how-to-fight-inflation/

rebewranger

Re: Biden has no idea how to fight inflation
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 12:27:30 pm »
For what its worth, Hitler hated dealing with the economy, too. :thud:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 04:57:24 pm »
How quickly they forget......When Biden first went on his Jihad spending and relentlessly spend like money could/would never run out.  Biden laughed in our faces about the joy he had in pizzing away the treasury., but now postured repentant?  Like a wolf slaughtering off a herd of sheep, stopping for a few seconds to repent a little, then going back to the joy of the slaughter.  Biden is a fool barometer, whom the fools want to give the benefit of the doubt.  Look how far he's gotten with that!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 06:03:03 pm »
Biden is fighting inflation using the Bizarro World economics book.

Only in Bizarro World does increasing money supply and decreasing energy supply fight inflation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 06:11:35 pm »
Just reverse his policies from day one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis