Author Topic: Tiger Woods’ withdrawal leaves this question: Will he ever be the same again?  (Read 458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Tiger Woods’ withdrawal leaves this question: Will he ever be the same again?
By Mark Cannizzaro   
May 21, 2022 10:30pm
TULSA, Okla. — Shock.

That was the overriding emotion while watching Tiger Woods stumble around Southern Hills on Saturday morning, taking an unthinkable 79 strokes to complete his third round of the PGA Championship (one day after shooting a gutsy 69 to make the cut) — and then withdrawing from the championship later in the day.

Disbelief.

That was the emotion elicited from watching Woods bogey five consecutive holes (the first time he ever has done that in a major championship as a professional) en route to 10-over for his third round through 13 holes.

Sadness.

That was the emotion that gripped you while watching Woods limp so badly on his surgically repaired right leg and foot, resulting from his February 2021 car crash, that it made you wonder how he could hit a golf ball 300 yards and make it through 18 holes.

Sobering.

That was the emotion that touched you when you let your mind wander to a place at which you wondered how long he can continue to do this, whether we’re seeing the end of an era with Woods no longer able to compete on this level.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/21/tiger-woods-withdrawal-leaves-this-question-will-he-ever-be-the-same-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It is hard to ride the lightning for so long.  Golf will miss the ratings he gives them. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

How he thought he could play only the majors this year and still compete is beyond me. How he didn't know he wasn't physically able to walk and play 72 holes of golf also is beyond me. He should have withdrawn and given some alternate a chance. Who knows, there may have been another John Daly (c. 1991 PGA Championship) in the wings.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

The Tiger Woods era ended long ago - unfortunately - and while I recognize the desire to continue playing and be relevant, Mr. Woods should acknowledge this fact and not make a mockery of himself.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Tiger lost his mental focus when he was exposed chasing the ladies in a most aggressive way.

That is what ended his career.

Spectacular physical prowess on the course, but it needed that mental acumen as well to succeed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online berdie

Tiger lost his mental focus when he was exposed chasing the ladies in a most aggressive way.

That is what ended his career.

Spectacular physical prowess on the course, but it needed that mental acumen as well to succeed.

I agree. Although Tiger has physical issues that would be hard to overcome, he started going downhill when exposed as a slut puppy. Prior to that time he had nothing but paise since he was a little boy. I really think that affected him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My poor little mind can't seem to find a reason to GAS about Tiger Woods.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: