Author Topic: Manchin Exposes Insane Biden Plan on Oil Leases During Haaland Testimony ..Nick Arama  (Read 161 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin Exposes Insane Biden Plan on Oil Leases During Haaland Testimony
By Nick Arama | May 19, 2022 10:45 PM ET

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland was testifying before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on Thursday. It’s safe to say it did not go well.

Joe Biden and his team have claimed that they are doing everything they can to relieve the rising prices of gas. That’s just not true. As I wrote earlier today reporting on Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm’s testimony before the Senate, Biden canceled three oil and gas lease sales scheduled in the Gulf of Mexico and off the coast of Alaska, thus cutting off millions of acres from possible drilling. On top of that, Granholm’s response was simply to blame Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. She claimed Biden’s policies had nothing to do with the problem.

The Energy Committee put Haaland on the spot: Biden claims that he’s doing everything he can, so what exactly is he doing?

Haaland and her deputy Tommy Beaudreau claimed they were working on a five-year plan.

“It is appropriate for us to take a step, be deliberate as we think about future potential leasing described in the 5-year program,” Beaudreau told Manchin, the committee’s chair. “By the end of June, we’ll take step number two in a three-step process. No decisions about leasing will be made until step number three.”

That answer didn’t appear to satisfy Manchin, the senator from West Virginia who is Democrats’ swing vote on energy and climate legislation.

Manchin told Interior officials they were taking “a lot longer than the deadline” to get their new five-year plan done.

“We’re getting this at the last possible day, the last possible minute, knowing that there’s other steps to go through,” Manchin said. “The timing is not right that you’ve taken as long as you possibly could.”

Haaland said even after the program proposal comes out by June 30, it will take another 150 days to complete public comment and environmental review before lease sales can be held.

“I don’t think there is an actual deadline” to begin new offshore leasing, she told Sen. James Lankford, a Republican from Oklahoma.

“That’s the concern all of us have, actually that there’s no deadline,” Lankford responded. “That the proposal to talk about it is coming on the date it should be done, and that this is going to stretch out for the next 2-3 years of talking about it. We’re trying to figure out when’s the deadline to actually start leasing.”

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/19/manchin-exposes-insane-biden-plan-on-oil-leases-during-haaland-testimony-n567194
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I recall the Soviet Union had "Five Year Plans" too.

Just one more aspect of Communism we have become numb to.

Of course they are slow-walking this. That way they can claim they are doing all they can without accomplishing anything.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

So they have nothing.

Longer-term, Biden's policies discourage capital investment in further exploration, development, processing, and transportation domestically.  This means we will progressively become MORE dependent upon energy imports from countries that are NOT our friends.

The benficiaries may be OPEC, Africa, Latin America, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Is Manchin the only one in America surprised that the Emperor has on no clothes?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Quote:

Joe Biden and his team have claimed that they are doing everything they can to relieve the rising prices of gas. That’s just not true.

JOE has made it bundantly clear that whatever he said last year, last month, last week, yesterday, is forgotten and only the lie he tells today matters.  Joe knows all he needs to do is lie endlessly until his time is up and sukkas will give him all the rope he needs to hang US with.
Any mystery left?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions