Author Topic: Green Berets, weaponized robots team up for offensive operations  (Read 93 times)

rebewranger

Green Berets, weaponized robots team up for offensive operations

The Army's Project Origin tech demonstrator helped clear objectives and mask soldier movements during a two-week experiment at Dugway Proving Ground, Utah.
By   ANDREW EVERSDEN
on May 18, 2022 at 1:33 PM

Project Origin Dugway

Army Green Berets from the 1st Special Forces Group conducted two weeks of hands-on experimentation with Project Origin unmanned systems at Dugway Proving Ground, Utah. Including Special Operations Forces into technology assessments provides more in-depth understanding of what is needed to mature unmanned systems for the Army’s Operating Force. (Jerome Aliotta/US Army)

SOFIC 2022: A recent experiment with Army special operations forces used robotic vehicles to tackle more dangerous aspects of missions as the service works to further refine how soldiers and robots will fight alongside each other in the future.

Green Berets with the 1st Special Forces Group used the US Army’s Project Origin robotic technology demonstrator vehicle to make initial contact with adversaries and mask operators’ movements towards the objective during a two-week experiment in February at Dugway Proving Ground, Utah.

While the experiment helped to inform requirements for the Army’s Robotic Combat Vehicle (RCV), it also allowed the special operations community to learn more about how SOF personnel would fight alongside unmanned ground vehicles.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/05/green-berets-weaponized-robots-team-up-for-offensive-operations/

rebewranger

Re: Green Berets, weaponized robots team up for offensive operations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 11:37:59 am »
When I started posting articles here, many years ago, it wasn't real easy to find a worthwhile article about SOF.  That is no longer true; I just posted three.  My point is, information about SOF is becoming too easy to find and may just be another way Milley and Biden are degrading our military by giving too much information about military plans to our enemies. :pondering:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Green Berets, weaponized robots team up for offensive operations
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 03:12:28 pm »
When I started posting articles here, many years ago, it wasn't real easy to find a worthwhile article about SOF.  That is no longer true; I just posted three.  My point is, information about SOF is becoming too easy to find and may just be another way Milley and Biden are degrading our military by giving too much information about military plans to our enemies. :pondering:

@rangerrebew

You are PROBABLY right,but consider another option. It is possible we are flooding the air waves with so much information in order to cause confusion and panic amongst our potential foes?

I am asking because I honestly don't know,but consider it possible.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!