Author Topic: Warnock says he’s meeting with Biden to push for student loan forgiveness  (Read 217 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Warnock says he’s meeting with Biden to push for student loan forgiveness
by Aris Folley - 05/18/22 1:40 PM ET

Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) on Wednesday said he’ll be meeting with President Biden to push for student loan debt forgiveness that will be enough “to actually make a difference.”

“I’m meeting with the president later today, and I’m going to push him on this issue. Everywhere I go in Georgia, students and families talk to me about the crush of student debt,” Warnock told The Hill. “And, in this time in which I’m focused on providing relief for families that are feeling the pressure, this couldn’t come sooner.”

His comments come after Politico reported last week that Warnock, along with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), had reached out to White House on the matter, following reports that it was considering using executive action to approve at least $10,000 in forgiveness per borrower.

Warnock said later on Wednesday that Warren and Schumer will also be in attendance at the meeting.

The outlet reported that the lawmakers were pressing for a meeting with Biden to hold off temporarily on any potential action on student loans to push for more significant action.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3493049-warnock-says-hes-meeting-with-biden-to-push-for-student-loan-forgiveness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Everywhere I go in Georgia, students and families talk to me about the crush of student debt,” Warnock told The Hill. “And, in this time in which I’m focused on providing relief for families that are feeling the pressure, this couldn’t come sooner.”

The Georgia HOPE scholarship pays full tuition for anyone holding a 'B' average or better.  Student loans are not a problem in this State.  Rafael Warnock is a lying POS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sorry if I don't want to pick up the tab for your $250K degree in Vagina Studies, but you got yourself into that mess.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good.   Make sure plenty of photos are taken for campaign posters this fall.

Pedo Joe is electoral toxicity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Ralphie will want it to only go to people attending HB colleges.

BTW, why is a sitting US Senator not bringing this up within the halls of Congress to make it a law rather than an end-around EO?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 10:08:47 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ralphie will want it to only go to people attending HB colleges.

BTW, why is a sitting US Senator not bringing this up within the halls of Congress to make it a law rather than an end-around EO?

Thanks for asking!!!!!  Why free college for all!!!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sorry if I don't want to pick up the tab for your $250K degree in Vagina Studies, but you got yourself into that mess.

I don't mean to brag but I was working on my advanced degree in that field but I didn't need student loans for the course work...just credit at the liquor store and with my Frat brother "WeedHopper".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

I don't mean to brag but I was working on my advanced degree in that field but I didn't need student loans for the course work...just credit at the liquor store and with my Frat brother "WeedHopper".

You must have been doing practical hands on studies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I've always heard that apprenticeships are cheaper...  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

You must have been doing practical hands on studies.

:beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.