Author Topic: How Dare He Pick on Communism?  (Read 454 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How Dare He Pick on Communism?
« on: May 18, 2022, 12:40:27 pm »
Once again, Florida’s Ron DeSantis proves he has all the right enemies.
By Bruce Bawer

May 17, 2022
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, you just might be named Ron DeSantis.

Let’s recap. On April 22, the Florida governor signed the “Stop WOKE Act,” which, in the words of USA Today, “prohibits any teaching that could make students feel they bear personal responsibility for historic wrongs because of their race, color, sex or national origin.”

The law was necessary because, as you can see in any number of YouTube videos of school-board meetings around the country, young children have indeed been taught, in accordance with critical race theory and other poisonous postmodern pap, that if they’re white or male they’re oppressors, bearing guilt for the actions of long-dead people who looked like them, and if they’re black or female, by the same logic, they’re victims.

Six days later, DeSantis signed the “Parental Rights in Education Act,” which forbids kindergarten teachers in Florida from talking to their pupils about such topics as masturbation, ejaculation, and oral sex—an act his enemies dishonestly dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” bill.

This law was necessary too, because, as you can see in other videos (many of which have been curated on the “Libs of TikTok” Twitter account) young schoolchildren are indeed being taught all kinds of things about sex that nobody, until the day before yesterday, would have considered remotely appropriate.

Then, on May 9, DeSantis signed a third bill. It designates November 7 of each year as “Victims of Communism Day” and mandates that schoolchildren in Florida be taught about Communism for at least 45 minutes a year.

Like the two laws before it, this one, too, was necessary. All American schools teach about Nazism, and make it clear to students that Hitler was evil.

But Communism? Stalin? Not so much.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/05/17/how-dare-he-pick-on-communism/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: How Dare He Pick on Communism?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 12:50:26 pm »
Finally, somebody gets it.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 01:00:24 pm »
@Wingnut

Good stuff!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 01:19:08 pm »
Stalin's famines, progroms, and purges killed untold millions.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 01:47:14 pm »

There are many who "get it" @Free Vulcan They are just afraid to say it out loud.  They saw what happened to Joe McCarthy and Richard Nixon.  Even today we still hear about "McCarthyism".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 02:15:45 pm »
There are many who "get it" @Free Vulcan They are just afraid to say it out loud.  They saw what happened to Joe McCarthy and Richard Nixon.  Even today we still hear about "McCarthyism".

It is refreshing to see a govt leader willing to do so. I like DeSantis' style, and love the leftist squealing.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 02:37:55 pm »
It is refreshing to see a govt leader willing to do so. I like DeSantis' style, and love the leftist squealing.

He is succeeding in that!  All you have to do is read any op-ed in any of the liberal fish wrappers in Tampa, Miami, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Gainesville and Tallahassee!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 02:38:17 pm »

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 04:25:14 pm »
He is succeeding in that!  All you have to do is read any op-ed in any of the liberal fish wrappers in Tampa, Miami, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Gainesville and Tallahassee!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 04:25:59 pm »

:yowsa: Very much so!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 04:33:05 pm »
Someone I could vote for, for a change...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 04:37:15 pm »
Someone I could vote for, for a change...

It's a rare thing these days having someone to vote for instead of against the other guy.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2022, 01:37:59 am »

@Bigun

I think it is more of a case of everybody saying it,but nobody listening unless the speaker is some sort of celebrity. Even then,as hard as it may be to believe,they get hammered by their peers and the press as being deranged in some way.

It is not a case of "never a disparaging word being spoken",but a case of it never being  heard unless it supports a PC cause by promoting revolution.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2022, 01:39:50 am »

@Free Vulcan

ESPECIALLY rare to hear a prominent POWERFUL politician saying those words. Someone who the left can't casually dismiss as being a kook or a racist.

And you KNOW his background is squeakt-clean because if it wasn't,it would be front-page news every day. Frankly,the left just doesn't know how to deal with an honest man.

BTW,PLEASE note that I am not nominating him for sainthood,but compared to the typical politician,he does come pretty damn close.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:43:03 am by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 01:41:51 am »
Stalin's famines, progroms, and purges killed untold millions.
Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and others.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 01:50:50 am »

@Free Vulcan

Oh,LOTS of people "get it". Even lots of politicians. The problem is most people in a position to attract tv cameras do so for negative reasons.

DeSantis MUST be squeaky-clean when it comes to corruption,or tales of his wrong-doing would be all we would ever see or hear by the press.

The ironic part is it is the left who are ending up spreading the word about his honestly by NOT raking him over the coals 24/7. You just KNOW if there was anything negative there,it would be all we would hear 24/7.