Author Topic: Stefanik secures rising star status in year one as GOP chair  (Read 80 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Stefanik secures rising star status in year one as GOP chair
by Emily Brooks - 05/16/22 5:19 AM ET

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) has emerged as a rising force within the House Republican Conference a year after taking over as GOP conference chair amid the turmoil surrounding Rep. Liz Cheney’s (R-Wyo.) ouster from leadership.   

Republican lawmakers unsurprisingly hail Stefanik for bringing consistency to the party’s messaging.   

It’s a big change from the days when House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) had awkward press conferences with Cheney, the previous No. 3 GOP leader, who was not shy about blasting former President Trump.   

That’s far from the case with the 37-year-old Stefanik, and a big reason why she’s seen as a rising GOP star.   

“I’ll just say one thing,” said Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), a former chair of the House Freedom Caucus. “It has been a step up.” 

Members are happy that the House GOP no longer has its top messenger publicly criticizing Trump.

Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.) said that Stefanik “lived up to every promise that she made to me before she asked me for my vote for Conference chair.” 

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3488103-stefanik-secures-rising-star-status-in-year-one-as-gop-chair/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34