Author Topic: Multiple people shot at church in Laguna Woods, O.C. sheriff says  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Multiple people were shot Sunday at a church in Laguna Woods, prompting a major response from Orange County Sheriff’s officials and other first responders.

The number of casualties was not clear. The shooting occurred at the Church on the 24000 block of El Toro Road. The sheriff’s department said it detained a suspect and collected a weapon that might be involved.

Orange County Fire Authority said it was on the scene treating victims and taking multiple patients to hospitals.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-15/multiple-people-shot-at-church-in-laguna-woods-o-c-sheriff-says

(Breaking)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Multiple people shot at church in Laguna Woods, O.C. sheriff says
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 10:13:48 pm »
Breaking911
@Breaking911
·
1h
2 dead, 3 hospitalized after shooting at flea market in Harris County, Texas - Sheriff
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 10:17:39 pm »
May 15, 2022 5:47pm EDT
Houston flea market shooting leaves two people dead, at least three others injured
No innocent bystanders were wounded, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said
By Paul Best | Fox News

Thousands of people were at a flea market in northern Houston on Sunday afternoon when a gunfight broke out between two groups of people, leaving two dead and at least three others wounded, according to Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.

"For now, it appears the wounded were all likely participants in the altercation," Gonzalez said. "No innocent bystanders injured as far as we know."

https://twitter.com/SheriffEd_HCSO/status/1525923217239588868

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-flea-market-shooting-leaves-two-people-dead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 11:37:58 pm »
WTF? Did someone play the Red Queen somewhere?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 11:44:14 pm »
Multiple people were shot Sunday at a church in Laguna Woods, prompting a major response from Orange County Sheriff’s officials and other first responders.

The number of casualties was not clear. The shooting occurred at the Church on the 24000 block of El Toro Road. The sheriff’s department said it detained a suspect and collected a weapon that might be involved.

Orange County Fire Authority said it was on the scene treating victims and taking multiple patients to hospitals.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-15/multiple-people-shot-at-church-in-laguna-woods-o-c-sheriff-says

(Breaking)
Damn, my sister lives in Laguna Woods. I'm not worried though, she wouldn't be in a church and certainly not a Presbyterian one, oddly enough I did do work in that one many years ago. Looks like the nuts and mental cases looking for national recognition are crawling out of the would work. I feel sorry for victims and their families as the democrats plow them under with their rush to use them to further erode the 2A.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 11:55:07 pm »
What’s happening this weekend?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 12:02:58 am »
I assume this means they won't be blaming it on Tucker Carlson's "white supremacy" theories.
One dead, five injured, suspect detained in shooting during Asian church service
The shooting was reported at Geneva Presbyterian Church in Laguna Woods, a retirement community. Sources say the suspect is Asian.
May 15, 2022, 5:40 PM EDT / Updated May 15, 2022, 7:47 PM EDT
By Andrew Blankstein, Jonathan Dienst and Dennis Romero

One person was dead and five others were injured in a shooting during a meeting of Asian churchgoers in Southern California Sunday, the Orange County Sheriff's Department said.

The attack was reported at Geneva Presbyterian Church at 1:26 p.m. in the retirement city of Laguna Woods, the department said. Four victims suffered critical injuries, it said.

The body of the deceased was discovered at the scene, sheriff's officials said, while all the surviving victims, including a person with minor injuries, were hospitalized, they said.

Sheriff's officials said a group belonging to a Taiwanese church was at the facility when gunfire broke out.

Police sources said the man detained is in his 60s and of Asian descent. They stressed that the investigation was in its very preliminary stages and they have not determined motive.  ...
NBC News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 12:18:45 am »
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
#UPDATE: OC Sheriff reveals shooter in Laguna Woods shooting is an Asian man in his 60s. When deputies arrived, he was hogtied by an extension cord after churchgoers detained him and confiscated at least two weapons.
8:10 PM · May 15, 2022

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 02:31:42 am »
I assume this means they won't be blaming it on Tucker Carlson's "white supremacy" theories.NBC News
Wait for it some media idiot will call him a White Asian.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 02:33:37 am »
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
#UPDATE: OC Sheriff reveals shooter in Laguna Woods shooting is an Asian man in his 60s. When deputies arrived, he was hogtied by an extension cord after churchgoers detained him and confiscated at least two weapons.
8:10 PM · May 15, 2022
If they didn't go all Kung  Fu on him and beat him to a pulp I will be severely dissapointed.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 10:44:50 am »
If they didn't go all Kung  Fu on him and beat him to a pulp I will be severely dissapointed.

Everyone was Kung Fu fighting. Those cats were fast as lightning... In fact, it was a little bit frightening.

Too soon?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 01:02:40 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 11:49:44 pm »
Eben Brown (FOX)
@FoxEbenBrown
#BREAKING via @AP: "A gunman in deadly attack at California church was Chinese immigrant motivated by hate for Taiwanese people, authorities said."
3:26 PM · May 16, 2022·
Sheriff: Vegas suspect in church shooting fueled by ‘political tensions’
By Ricardo Torres-Cortez   Las Vegas Review-Journal
May 16, 2022 - 8:53 am
Updated May 16, 2022 - 1:06 pm

A Las Vegas man accused in a fatal shooting Sunday in a Southern California church was fueled by “political tensions” between China and Taiwan, Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes said Monday.

David Wenwei Chou, a 68-year-old Chinese national, drove Saturday from Las Vegas to Laguna Woods, Barnes said.

The next day, Chou walked into a lunch reception that was being held after a morning service and chained doors, which he tried to further secure with “super glue,” officials said. ...

Investigators found two guns, bags with ammunition, and devices that resembled Molotov cocktails at the scene, as well as a manifest0-like document that spoke about his “hatred of the Taiwanese people,” Barnes said.

Chou had no connections to the church, and may have been targeted based on its proximity to Las Vegas, Barnes said. ...
Full story

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2023, 11:12:40 pm »
Suspect in Calif. church shooting charged with federal hate crimes

https://srnnews.com/suspect-in-california-church-shooting-charged-with-federal-hate-crimes/

The suspect, David Chou, 69, opened fire at the Geneva Presbyterian Church in Laguna Woods, California, about 45 miles (72 km) southeast of Los Angeles, on May 15, 2022, in an methodically planned attack, authorities said.
Chou, described by the sheriff as a U.S. citizen and Las Vegas resident born in China, drove to Southern California the day before shooting.

Before entering the church, he chained the doors, put glue in the locks and placed three bags around the building containing various items, including additional ammunition and four Molotov cocktail-like devices, police said.

Authorities said Chou carried out the attack because he was upset over Chinese-Taiwanese tensions.

Laguna Woods is about 250 miles in a straight line from Las Vegas, where Chou lived. While he could use I-15 all the way to the Corona area, that's still about 30 miles from Laguna Hills, and getting to Laguna Hills is farther and would require use of several different freeways or highways. I think Chou had some sort of connection to this particular congregation, as there are probably multiple Chinese Christian churches between Las Vegas and Laguna Hills, and several just in Las Vegas. I hope the guy gets a special hotel room, either with a view of San Pablo Bay or of the onion drying plant in Vacaville.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 11:19:41 pm »
thanks for the update.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2023, 02:44:40 am »

(Breaking)

@Gefn

Weapons are inanimate objects,and are NEVER "INVOLVED".  They are USED or NOT used,but they do NOT have a mind of their own. They are TOOLS,not humans. Granted,an awful lot of the alleged humans of today are little more than inanimate tools,but I think you  all understand what I am writing.

You would think this wouldn't have to be explained to a reporter and college graduate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2023, 02:50:18 am »
Eben Brown (FOX)
@FoxEbenBrown
#BREAKING via @AP: "A gunman in deadly attack at California church was Chinese immigrant motivated by hate for Taiwanese people, authorities said."
3:26 PM · May 16, 2022·Full story

@mountaineer

That makes my head hurt. Taiwanese people ARE ethnic Chinese people who were born on Taiwan,or became naturalized Taiwanese people.

Granted,you don't expect a rational response from a loon so unbalanced he would try to commit mass murder based on his brain fart that led to his bigotry,but you would THINK reporters would be able to get this right.

Or SHOULD be able to expect it,anyhow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 09:48:13 am »
@Gefn

Weapons are inanimate objects,and are NEVER "INVOLVED".  They are USED or NOT used,but they do NOT have a mind of their own. They are TOOLS,not humans. Granted,an awful lot of the alleged humans of today are little more than inanimate tools,but I think you  all understand what I am writing.

You would think this wouldn't have to be explained to a reporter and college graduate.

@sneakypete

I had totally forgotten about this story. Thanks for the clarification