Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren Introduces Price-Gouging Bill That Fails To Define What Qualifies as Price Gouging  (Read 230 times)

Offline Kamaji

Elizabeth Warren Introduces Price-Gouging Bill That Fails To Define What Qualifies as Price Gouging

The bill would penalize companies for price gouging during times of war, public health emergencies, or natural disasters—which would have encompassed all of the last two years.

LIZ WOLFE

"The prices Americans are paying for groceries and other essentials are at all-time highs. One of the reasons?" asked Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D–Mass.) on Wednesday via Twitter. "Giant corporations are price gouging & reaping record profits. We need to put a stop to corporate gouging that drives up prices for families."

It couldn't be that runaway inflation—which has reached astonishing 40-year highs in recent weeks—is, according to Federal Reserve of San Francisco economists, partly attributable to President Joe Biden's mid-pandemic economic stimulus plans, which pumped money into the bank accounts of Americans with seemingly little thought given to what could result. In Warren's view of the world, it's corporate, not government, malfeasance that's leading to pocketbook pain for everyday Americans.

Warren holds that such problems must be solved by the federal government in the form of a new bill that would limit the prices companies can charge consumers during times of "exceptional market shock." That includes times of war, public health emergency, or natural disaster—which would have encompassed all of the last two years, barring firms from raising their prices to adapt to difficult and fast-changing economic circumstances.

Source:  https://reason.com/2022/05/13/elizabeth-warren-introduces-price-gouging-bill-that-fails-to-define-what-qualifies-as-price-gouging/

Offline Kamaji

And when that fails to stop the inflation that the dems/libs/progs have caused, price controls will be next.

Offline LMAO

This isn’t going to pass and she knows it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This isn’t going to pass and she knows it.
Fauxcahauntus make heapum smoke no fire.