Author Topic: The largest baby formula plant in the United States has been shut down for 3 months and the Biden ad  (Read 174 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Not the Bee by Daniel Payne 5/11/2022

Um, was anyone aware that the largest baby formula plant in the United States has been shut down for 3 months and the Biden administration isn't allowing it to open back up?

You'd think this would be bigger news. You'd think it would be maybe the biggest piece of news in the country. But if you're like me, you just found out about it (checks watch) literally right now:

FDA refuses to say when America's largest formula plant will reopen
Abbott Laboratories claims it is not responsible for the bacteria outbreak that killed two babies. The formula manufacturer also said it is 'working closely with the FDA to restart operations' at the plant.

In mid-February Abbott Laboratories issued a nationwide baby formula recall and ceased operations at its plant in Sturgis, Michigan amid reports of babies contracting bacterial infections from its products.

An Abbott spokesperson told DailyMail.com Tuesday that 'thorough investigation' by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Abbott revealed 'infant formula produced at our Sturgis facility is not the likely source of infection in the reported cases and that there was not an outbreak caused by products from the facility'.

However, despite the findings of the investigation, the plant remains shuttered nearly three months later, fueling the nationwide baby formula shortage.

The FDA - which said it found food safety violations at the plant, as well as five strains of Cronobacter, a bacteria that can cause blood infections and meningitis - has refused to say when the plant can resume operations.

This is not normal and it's not okay. Baby formula is an indispensable consumer product. It's food. It's food for babies.

The federal government should in no uncertain terms be able to resolve its health concerns with this company in less than three months and get the plant up and running again.

More: https://notthebee.com/article/um-was-anyone-aware-that-the-largest-baby-formula-plant-in-the-united-states-has-been-shut-down-for-3-months-and-the-biden-administration-isnt-allowing-it-to-open-back-up

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another Biden Administration created crisis...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well I guess wet nurses will be in demand here soon if this keeps up.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just tell the FDA that the formula is for Ukraine! and Illegals! no Americans will be allowed to have it.
The production will be back up a running tonight. They will produce tons of formula as long as the know it is not for Americans.

Biden's puppet-masters are America Last on steroids.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Just tell the FDA that the formula is for Ukraine! and Illegals! no Americans will be allowed to have it.
The production will be back up a running tonight. They will produce tons of formula as long as the know it is not for Americans.

Biden's puppet-masters are America Last on steroids.

Sadly, that's probably closer to the truth than one would think.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
As I recall when Psaki was asked about what Biden was doing about it she first said something like he has been working on it for months and later to a follow up she said Biden just found out. She can't keep her lies straight any better than the rest of the Biden team of incompetents.