Author Topic: Pelosi hammers gas companies for consumer ‘exploitation’  (Read 198 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pelosi hammers gas companies for consumer ‘exploitation’
by Mike Lillis - 05/12/22 1:11 PM ET

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday went after the nation’s largest oil companies, accusing the industry of “exploiting” consumers with sky-high gas prices even as the same companies are reporting record profits this year.

“This is a major exploitation of the consumer, because this is a product the consumer must have,” Pelosi said during a press briefing in the Capitol.

The leap in prices at the pump, part of a larger inflationary spike affecting a host of consumer goods, has dogged President Biden and his Democratic allies on Capitol Hill, who are scrambling for ways to reverse the trend ahead of November’s midterm elections.

As part of that effort, House Democrats will vote next week on legislation empowering the Biden administration to issue an emergency declaration barring oil companies from setting gas and home energy prices deemed to be “unconscionably excessive” or indicative that “the seller is exploiting the circumstances related to an energy emergency to increase prices unreasonably.”

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3486245-pelosi-hammers-gas-companies-for-consumer-exploitation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pelosi hammers gas companies for consumer ‘exploitation’
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 05:33:49 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 05:41:35 pm »
Oh, are the Dems about to attempt 1970's style price controls?  Ooooh, could rent control be next?

Yes, implementing past failed economic policies from the 1970's will be different this time - it still won't work.

Can whale and seal blubber be renderred into fuels and oils?  They deserve to die because they produce carbon dioxide and methane.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 05:59:14 pm »
...and the Administration just closed leases in Alaska and the Gulf.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 06:28:50 pm »
Oh, are the Dems about to attempt 1970's style price controls?  Ooooh, could rent control be next?

Yes, implementing past failed economic policies from the 1970's will be different this time - it still won't work.

Can whale and seal blubber be renderred into fuels and oils?  They deserve to die because they produce carbon dioxide and methane.

I am quite certain that price controls will be run up the flag pole this summer.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 06:51:19 pm »

The oil companies saved the whales once, or the last rendered one would have been burned in a lamp on Beacon Hill a long time ago.

Typical Munchhausen by Proxy...Democrats create a problem, then provide the solution, casting themselves as the heroes come to save the day.  But their solutions contain inherent unintended consequences.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 08:22:39 pm »
Everything old is new again, maybe the dems should be called the Rerun Party, they rerun the policies that destroy the economy, they rerun the policies that make us dependent on foreign oil then they rerun the policies of blaming Big Oil  :thud:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 10:52:55 pm »
Bend over and grab your ankles, Bidens in control and anything is better than Trump in office!  This only happened because of election fraud and the 'herd' being stampeded of useful fools!  Can you even figure out whose to blame?
The democrats that were in bed with them now want to express they care, while they and they they are in bed with haul in the dough!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 10:54:34 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 10:55:13 pm »
Everything old is new again, maybe the dems should be called the Rerun Party, they rerun the policies that destroy the economy, they rerun the policies that make us dependent on foreign oil then they rerun the policies of blaming Big Oil  :thud:

Welcome back Mr. Kotter.
The Republic is lost.