Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik Details Her Efforts To Have Liz Cheney R  (Read 80 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik Details Her Efforts To Have Liz Cheney Removed From Leadership

Henry Rodgers
Senior Congressional Correspondent
May 11, 2022 6:08 PM ET
Font Size:

House Republican Conference Chair Rep. Elise Stefanik says she helped remove Republican Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney as chair of the GOP House conference because Cheney used the position in order to promote herself to the media as an anti-Trump Republican.

“We saw very quickly that she was about promoting herself, and that is not the role of the conference chair. Nor are you entitled to these positions as an elected representative for your constituents or some elected representative from your colleagues, no matter what your last name is. I don’t have a vice president of a father. I have the best father in the world who is my dad, who is a small business owner. But I think there’s a sense of entitlement that members saw very clearly that came out starting in January of last year. And even before that, there were trends in that direction,” the New York Republican said.

Stefanik’s comments came in an exclusive interview with the Daily Caller about efforts to counter Cheney as she gained prominence last year. Stefanik says it wasn’t just self-promotion, but said Cheney was not connected with the GOP’s base and was trying to promote herself through her position as conference chair by talking negatively about the president and putting her own anti-trump views in front of the conference and the media.

“Those months when she doubled down on attacking Republicans, attacking President Trump showed just how out of touch she was, not only with her constituents, but with the American people and with the Republican Party. It became clear when members just started calling me, it was members calling me from all across the conference, not fellow members of leadership, just rank and file members who felt that there needed to be a change. I called Kevin McCarthy and said I was interested in running for this position and I started making members calls. So and I’m proud of that,” Stefanik continued.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/11/house-republican-conference-chair-elise-stefanik-efforts-liz-cheney-removed-leadership-donald-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34