Author Topic: CNN senior political analyst says Biden shouldn’t run for reelection  (Read 81 times)

rebewranger

The Hill
CNN senior political analyst says Biden shouldn’t run for reelection
Caroline Vakil - 14m ago

Former White House adviser David Gergen said on Wednesday that he does not believe President Biden should run again for president again, noting his age.

“We have an election coming up in 2024, in which is very possible that we will have Donald Trump facing off against Joe Biden. If one of those people wins the presidency, he will be governing while he’s in his 80 year … age,” Gergen, a senior political analyst for CNN, said on CNN’s “New Day.”

“That is – we’ve never seen anything like that before. And frankly, I think it’s a real risk. You know, I just turned 80, and I can just tell you John, you lose a step. Your judgment is not quite as clear as it was. There’s a variety of other things you can’t do much about and to put somebody in that office with those kinds of vulnerabilities and giving them four years, we don’t know where things will go.”

Gergen said he believed it would be a “mistake” for either Democrats or Republicans to nominate a presidential candidate it to essentially govern in their 80s. Biden is 79 years old, Trump, who is flirting with a bid for the GOP nomination, is 75.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cnn-senior-political-analyst-says-biden-shouldn-t-run-for-reelection/ar-AAXabjm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d24a4d480e2b4e0994a7e93587dda40d