Author Topic: W.H. Economic Adviser Rouse: Inflation ‘The Consequence of Mounting an Effective Response to the Pan  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
W.H. Economic Adviser Rouse: Inflation ‘The Consequence of Mounting an Effective Response to the Pandemic’

Ian Hanchett 10 May 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “New Day,” White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Cecilia Rouse stated that inflation “has been the consequence of mounting an effective response to the pandemic.”

Co-host Brianna Keilar asked, “I wonder, looking back, were Larry Summers and Joe Manchin right about spending and inflation?”

Rouse answered, “So, I’m not sure what the right is. What we have here is an economy that’s recovering from a pandemic. The downturn was caused by the pandemic, where we had to basically power down our economy until we had the therapeutics and the vaccinations and the shots in the arms.”

Keilar then cut in to ask, “But they warned that the spending levels, which, of course, I understand the White House and you consider very necessary for the situation that the economy and that the pandemic was in, but that it would cause inflation of maybe a higher level than certain people, including at the White House were expecting. Were they right?”

Rouse said, “So, what we’ve seen is that all advanced countries are trying to address inflation, and they have historic levels of inflation. That has been the consequence of mounting an effective response to the pandemic. Because while we supported households and businesses, got shots into arms, which allowed people to start to come out of their homes and regain their lives, our supply chains could not support that demand. So, this is — we are not alone. All advanced countries are addressing…this. So, this is a consequence of having an effective strategy against the pandemic.”

Earlier, she stated that gas prices are higher due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/10/w-h-economic-adviser-rouse-inflation-the-consequence-of-mounting-an-effective-response-to-the-pandemic/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

No, it's not.  It's one of the consequences of mounting a wasteful, pointless response to the plandemic.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
F fective?

Bloody nonsense.

Therapeutics, properly (and completely) administered would have cut the numbers of deaths and hospitalizations tremendously (likely by half or more). There would have been no need for Global panic, nor shutdowns, nor economic devastation and all that has come in its wake, nor the printing of trillions of dollars that are worth less every time a politician in DC opens their mouth.

I have little doubt certain nefarious deeds were achieved, but nothing that could be said to be beneficial to America or Americans with few exceptions who have enjoyed access to wealth and power far beyond their merit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis