Author Topic: Mike Tyson won’t be charged for punching fan aboard flight  (Read 300 times)

Online Kamaji

Mike Tyson won’t be charged for punching fan aboard flight: DA

By Snejana Farberov
May 10, 2022

Mike Tyson will not face criminal charges for repeatedly punching a man who allegedly threw a water bottle at him aboard a JetBlue flight last month, California prosecutors announced Tuesday.

San Mateo County District Attorney Stephen Wagstaffe told TMZ that his office has decided to dismiss the case because of “the conduct of the victim leading up to the incident, the interaction between Mr. Tyson and the victim, as well as the requests of both the victim and Mr. Tyson.”

The former heavyweight champ, 55, was flying first-class to Florida on April 20 when he was caught on video punching fellow passenger Melvin Townsend III several times in the head.

The in-flight beatdown was preceded by Townsend, 36, harassing Tyson and hurling a water bottle at him, according to a source close to the retired athlete who wasn’t on the plane at the time.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/mike-tyson-wont-be-charged-for-punching-fan-aboard-jetblue-flight/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mike Tyson won’t be charged for punching fan aboard flight
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 08:34:41 pm »
Actually, I saw the video of that jerk screwing with Tyson, and frankly, I'm all for this ruling.

It sets precedent for other passengers who may not be famous, but can deliver a jab or two to an obnoxious jerk.

Hopefully, it will give jerks everywhere pause.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 08:52:36 pm »
If that is all Mr. Townsend's face suffered after being pummeled by Tyson, there is no doubt Tyson was holding back.

Do that in a back alley, and we might have had a Darwin nominee.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 09:10:26 pm »
Hopefully this will carry over to the dismissal of whatever civil suit he brings against Tyson and the airline.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 09:15:29 pm »
If that is all Mr. Townsend's face suffered after being pummeled by Tyson, there is no doubt Tyson was holding back.

Do that in a back alley, and we might have had a Darwin nominee.

I have been stupid drunk before in my early youth. But I have never been Eff with Mike Tyson stupid drunk.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.