Author Topic: Judge who presides over drinking and driving cases arrested for a DWI  (Read 308 times)

Offline Kamaji

Judge who presides over drinking and driving cases arrested for a DWI

By Paul Best, Fox News
May 10, 2022

An Austin-area judge who regularly presides over drinking and driving cases was arrested over the weekend for allegedly driving while intoxicated.

John Lipscombe, who was elected as a judge in Travis County in 2011, told deputies that he “had a couple of drinks at his house but not even to get messy” when they made contact with him in a North Austin hotel lobby shortly after midnight on Saturday, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by Fox 7 Austin.

Deputies were called to the scene after witnesses said that Lipscombe attempted to back into a parking space that already had a car in it.

Following an argument, the judge drove around the lot and parked in a handicapped space before going into the hotel.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/judge-john-lipscombe-who-presides-over-drinking-and-driving-cases-arrested-for-a-dwi/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The only thing that would make the story better is if the judge had asked the deputies 'do you know who I am?'

Offline Kamaji

The only thing that would make the story better is if the judge had asked the deputies 'do you know who I am?'

Agreed.