Author Topic: Scholars Question Mehmet Oz’s Justification for Maintaining Turkish Citizenship  (Read 580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scholars Question Mehmet Oz’s Justification for Maintaining Turkish Citizenship

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 9 May 2022

Celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz reportedly maintains his Turkish citizenship to care for his elderly mother, but scholars are questioning the legitimacy of Oz’s reasoning.

Oz’s dual U.S-Turkish citizenship became a focal point of his campaign for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania after he told reporters in March that he would forego specific security clearances provided to U.S. Senators to maintain his Turkish citizenship.

Oz reportedly maintains his Turkish citizenship to care for his mother, who is battling Alzheimer’s disease. “I can love my country and love my mom,” Oz told reporters in March.

However, after facing backlash for his comments about his Turkish citizenship, Oz pledged to revoke it if the voters of Pennsylvania send him to the Senate in November.

“I maintained it to care for my ailing mother, but after several weeks of discussions with my family, I’m committing that before I am sworn in as the next U.S. senator for Pennsylvania I will only be a U.S. citizen,” Oz said in March.

Still, after he pledged to revoke his Turkish citizenship, Oz maintained that he only kept it so he could visit his parents as recently as two weeks ago.

“President Trump was very clear, I’m America First,” Oz said during Pennsylvania’s Republican Senate primary last month. “I was obliged to serve for two months in the Infirmary in the Turkish military, which I did in order to go visit my parents as I went through my life. I can love my mother, and I can love my country as well.”

In light of Oz’s service in the Turkish military, his endorsement deal with Turkish Airlines, his Turkish real estate portfolio, and his vote in Turkey’s most recent presidential election, scholars are speculating that his mother’s health may not be the true reason he maintains his citizenship in the country.

As American Enterprise Institute senior fellow Michael Rubin pointed out, Oz could still care for his mother without being a citizen of the country. For example, Turkey’s reportedly lax visa process would allow Oz to visit his mother without being a citizen of the country.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/09/scholars-question-mehmet-ozs-justification-for-maintaining-turkish-citizenship/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm not defending Oz, but there are more countries than Turkey that allow dual citizenship, how many democrat...or republican politicians have dual citizenship with Mexico?

https://visaguide.world/tips/dual-citizenship-countries/

Personally I am more concerned about democrats holding dual citizenship with Mexico and other Hispanic countries because they consistently show their allegiance is to La Raza and not to America.

Offline berdie

Personally,  I don't think a person in the US that has been naturalized should hold dual citizenship. Especially someone running for office.

jmho

Online GtHawk

Personally,  I don't think a person in the US that has been naturalized should hold dual citizenship. Especially someone running for office.

jmho
Actually I agree, but the further the democrats drag America down into the pits of Hell the more I consider pursing my dual citizenship by blood right with Hungary since they seem to much more sane and conservative there. I'm not ready to give up on America just want my options lined up.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If you want people to give their very best effort flying the plane, don't give them parachutes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

If you want people to give their very best effort flying the plane, don't give them parachutes.
Yeah but it sucks to be a passenger with the democrats flying the plane.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
berdie wrote:
"Personally,  I don't think a person in the US that has been naturalized should hold dual citizenship. Especially someone running for office."

Agreed.
But I'll go farther.

I proffer that "natural born citizenship" (born on USA soil of two parents who were citizens at the time of birth) should be REQUIRED for all national public office:
- President and VP (as it is now)
- Senators
- Congressmen
and...
- All federal judgeships as well
- Supreme Court Justices.

I realize this can only happen by changing the Constitution.

Is it time for that New Continental Congress yet....?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

jmho

@berdie

I don't think ANYONE should be able to hold dual citizenship. In fact,I was honestly shocked to read this and discover it's legal in the US.

To frame this properly,ask yourself "If it is legal to have dual citizenship,why isn't it legal to be married to two or more women at the same time?"

IMNSHO,the same principles are at play,here. You can't be loyal to two countries at the same time anymore than you can love two women equally at the same time.

As a wise man once noted,"Bleep or get off the pot!"

If he can't make up his mind which country deserves his unwavering loyalty,we have an easy solution to that problem. It's called "Deportation",and done immediately after revoking his US Citizenship.

This is ESPECIALLY both true  and NECESSARY when it comes to influential people involved in politics,regardless of party.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 06:31:29 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
berdie wrote:
"Personally,  I don't think a person in the US that has been naturalized should hold dual citizenship. Especially someone running for office."

Agreed.
But I'll go farther.

I proffer that "natural born citizenship" (born on USA soil of two parents who were citizens at the time of birth) should be REQUIRED for all national public office:
- President and VP (as it is now)
- Senators
- Congressmen
and...
- All federal judgeships as well
- Supreme Court Justices.

I realize this can only happen by changing the Constitution.

Is it time for that New Continental Congress yet....?

@Fishrrman

Can't argue with that. Not with any of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

@berdie

I don't think ANYONE should be able to hold dual citizenship. In fact,I was honestly shocked to read this and discover it's legal in the US.

To frame this properly,ask yourself "If it is legal to have dual citizenship,why isn't it legal to be married to two or more women at the same time?"

IMNSHO,the same principles are at play,here. You can't be loyal to two countries at the same time anymore than you can love two women equally at the same time.

As a wise man once noted,"Bleep or get off the pot!"

If he can't make up his mind which country deserves his unwavering loyalty,we have an easy solution to that problem. It's called "Deportation",and done immediately after revoking his US Citizenship.

This is ESPECIALLY both true  and NECESSARY when it comes to influential people involved in politics,regardless of party.
:thumbsup: way up.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.