Author Topic: Navy Removes 'Anti-American' Books From Sailors' Reading List  (Read 262 times)

Offline mountaineer

Wait, the Biden administration objecting to anything "anti-American"? Going along with Republican members of Congress?
Navy Removes 'Anti-American' Books From Sailors' Reading List
By Charlie McCarthy    |   Monday, 09 May 2022 02:05 PM

Several controversial books deemed to be "anti-American" or "Marxist" were removed from the U.S. Navy's recommended reading list.

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Mike Gilday on Friday released an updated version of the Professional Reading Program (CNO-PRP). Among books missing on the latest list were "How to Be an Antiracist" by Ibram X. Kendi, "Sexual Minorities and Politics: An Introduction" by Jason Pierceson, and "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander. Those books were included on last year's list.

Republican lawmakers said the books would promote "a racial form of Marxist philosophy” and "reinforce the view that America is a confederation of identity categories of the oppressed and their oppressors," The Epoch Times reported.

Lawmakers also urged the removal of what they said could further "poison" the U.S. military.

Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., sent a letter to Gilday after the Navy included Kendi's book on its 2021 reading list. ...
Newsmax
Who knew there was such a thing as a recommended reading list for service members?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Navy Removes 'Anti-American' Books From Sailors' Reading List
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 11:05:20 pm »
Wait, the Biden administration objecting to anything "anti-American"? Going along with Republican members of Congress? Newsmax
Who knew there was such a thing as a recommended reading list for service members?
Bluejacket Manual...

And a go-zillion different FM-nnn's
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 11:07:52 pm »
This has been a "thing" for quite a few years...I remember one commander who was intent on changing our mode of operations to suit his personal views.  He had a few dozen copies of "Who moved my cheese" books spread around the squadron...many found their way in the trash pretty quick and he wasn't long for command once word filtered up the chain.

Starts at the top and filters down to unit level commanders, all add their "recommendations" along the way.

Some are even used at promotion boards to see if members have read any of the books.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 11:11:56 pm »
This has been a "thing" for quite a few years...I remember one commander who was intent on changing our mode of operations to suit his personal views.  He had a few dozen copies of "Who moved my cheese" books spread around the squadron...many found their way in the trash pretty quick and he wasn't long for command once word filtered up the chain.
Mr. M had a boss who tried to push that cheese book on everyone. It didn't go well.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 02:46:15 am »
Mr. M had a boss who tried to push that cheese book on everyone. It didn't go well.

I just read a teaser sample on Amazon.  Geesh, what tripe written at what, 5th grade level?

IOW, just another "self-help" book that helps a few.  Blah blah...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: