Author Topic: Biden admin reaches deal to provide 'free' internet plans for low-income households  (Read 261 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 9, 2022 8:00am EDT
Biden admin reaches deal to provide 'free' internet plans for low-income households
The $30-per month charge from ISPs is covered by a federal subsidy.
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

President Joe Biden's administration reached a deal with 20 U.S. internet service providers to provide free internet access to Americans living in low-income areas Monday.

ISPs such as AT&T, Verizon, Comcast and others agreed to provide "high-speed" internet access for $30 per month. The Biden administration also announced a federal subsidy for low-income households that will pay up to $30 for internet access, effectively making the plan free for qualifying households.

Americans can apply for access to the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) at a new government website that launched Monday.

Americans qualify for the program if their income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. They can also qualify if a member of their household uses any of a number of other federal programs, such as Medicaid, SNAP food stamps, or a veterans pension, according to the White House.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-reaches-deal-to-provide-free-internet-plans-for-low-income-households
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

What statute authorized this subsidywelfare handout?

Offline LMAO

Well, if you haven’t earned votes you can always buy them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Do you qualify

https://www.whitehouse.gov/getinternet/?utm_source=www.getinternet.gov
First I don't see why taxpayers need to pay for someone else's internet, secondly until these 'poor' are required to add all the other taxpayer funded assistance into the income column for qualification I say NO!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

:facepalm2:

What statute authorized this subsidywelfare handout?
Joe Biden's hand and pen
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline rustynail

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Free?

Only to the recipients.

The rest of us have to cough up $$.

Ain't nothing in life free other than the grace of God
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 11:04:58 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

Free?

Only to the recipients.

The rest of us have to cough up $$.

Ain't nothing in life free other than the grace of God

:thumbsup: