Author Topic: Prosecutor says ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ novelist confessed to killing husband  (Read 333 times)

Offline Kamaji

Prosecutor says ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ novelist confessed to killing husband

By Adam Sabes, Fox News
May 9, 2022

The Oregon romance novelist who authored the fiction work “How to Murder Your Husband” is accused of killing her husband in real life allegedly slipped up and confessed to the shooting by mistake, according to a prosecutor.

According to the Multnomah County Senior Deputy District Attorney Shawn Overstreet, Nancy Crampton Brophy, 71, who is accused of killing her husband, allegedly went into detail about the shooting with an inmate who she was living with, according to Oregon Live.

Nancy Crampton Brophy allegedly killed her husband Daniel Brophy, 63, on June 2, 2018.

She allegedly committed the murder because of impending financial issues, and needed the $1.5 million in insurance, according to authorities. Nancy Crampton Brophy shot Daniel Brophy in the back and then while he was on the floor, according to police.

Nancy Crampton Brophy accidentally made the comment to a cellmate, according to Overstreet, who says that the cellmate should testify after Nancy Crampton Brophy’s attorneys make their case.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/09/prosecutor-says-how-to-murder-your-husband-novelist-nancy-crampton-brophy-confesses-to-killing-husband/

Offline verga

When will her and OJ start dating?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Don't you hate it when a wife is falsely accused of murder when her husband just happens to fall on a bullet.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess those upcoming financial issues are all resolved now, what with her being set with free medical, clothing and room and board for the rest of her life.
Oh, my bad, it's Oregon, so she will probably claim spousal abuse by the younger husband, get a ten year sentence reduced to time served and hit the celebrity circuit.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:29:28 pm by GtHawk »