Author Topic: Warren on People Who Worked to Pay Off Student Loans: Loan Forgiveness ‘Is a Question of Fairness’  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren on People Who Worked to Pay Off Student Loans: Loan Forgiveness ‘Is a Question of Fairness’

Ian Hanchett 7 May 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of ABC’s “The View,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) responded to a question on what she would say to people who worked to pay off their student loans who feel it would be unfair if other people will have their loans forgiven by stating that “about 40%” of people with loans don’t have degrees and the issue “is a question of fairness.”

Guest co-host Lindsey Granger asked, “You’ve been fiercely advocating for the president to cancel student loan debts, but really only 13% of Americans even have federal student loan debt. So, is this really the best way to reach most voters, and also, what do you say to someone like me who worked two jobs for a decade to pay off all their student loans, just finished? Where do I sign up for reimbursement?”

Warren answered, “So, let’s start out with who has student loans today, about 40% of the folks with student loans don’t have a college diploma. They’re folks who tried and life happened. Pregnancies, they were already working two jobs and lost one of them, mom got sick, family had to move somewhere else, and now they earn what a high school grad earns and they’re trying to pay off college-level debt, and it is crushing their bones. Keep in mind that, of those who have student loan debt, more than half have negative wealth. They don’t have any wealth. You know that right now there are tens of thousands of people who are living on Social Security who are having their Social Security checks garnished to pay student loans. And so, this, for me, is a question of fairness. There was a time in America when we invested in our public colleges and universities. That’s how I could go to a college that cost $50 a semester and pay for it on part-time jobs, but today, that option is not out there for our young people. So, this is about saying, look, it’s tough, we understand that. We want to invest in you. We want to invest in your getting an education.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/07/warren-on-people-who-worked-to-pay-off-student-loans-loan-forgiveness-is-a-question-of-fairness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

BAH! You want fairness? Howabout a lemon law? A college leads you down the garden path and sells you a career that has no legs... Howabout being able to slip the contract and let the college pay uncle sam back on the loans?

What that will immediately do is stop colleges from offering craptastic courses.

Online mountaineer

What would be fair is if you personally bought something for me, Lizzie Forked Tongue. Maybe some furniture, a new lawn tractor, something. Don't be unfair.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When asked, "What about the people who already paid?"
She responded with a load of Kamala-type nonsense (lots of words without saying 'anything') and refused to answer the question. She did not answer the question because there is no answer. Warren is proposing to screw everybody who paid and to reward the deadbeats. But, she cannot say that openly. So, she just says blah blah blah pregnancy, blah blah blah sick mother, and then pretends she actually answered the issue.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Killer Clouds

Along with the people that paid off their loans, what about everyone else that has worked their butts off to provide for themselves and their families? The ones that were smart enough to not put themselves into debt they couldn't afford? You know the people that pay taxes?

Offline LMAO

When asked, "What about the people who already paid?"
She responded with a load of Kamala-type nonsense (lots of words without saying 'anything') and refused to answer the question. She did not answer the question because there is no answer. Warren is proposing to screw everybody who paid and to reward the deadbeats. But, she cannot say that openly. So, she just says blah blah blah pregnancy, blah blah blah sick mother, and then pretends she actually answered the issue.

Exactly
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Warren answered, “So, let’s start out with who has student loans today, about 40% of the folks with student loans don’t have a college diploma. They’re folks who tried and life happened. Pregnancies

Pregnancies just happen?

and now they earn what a high school grad earns and they’re trying to pay off college-level debt, and it is crushing their bones.

Of course college debt wouldn't be so high if we weren't paying college professors like her and her husband over $400,000/yr.

You know that right now there are tens of thousands of people who are living on Social Security who are having their Social Security checks garnished to pay student loans. And so, this, for me, is a question of fairness.

'Fairness' is to make them pay back what they borrowed before handing them more money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Lizzie is a slut hiring out to those who vote her in.

Wanna bet a disproportionate share of loan forgiveness were Massachusetts deadbeats?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 01:05:33 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know high school grads for whom life happened. They make 80K/year or more.

It isn't what gets thrown at you, but what you do about it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I know high school grads for whom life happened. They make 80K/year or more.

It isn't what gets thrown at you, but what you do about it.
Bill Gates, Michael Dell, life is full of those who achieved spectacular success without that college degree.

I myself have a nephew who is an entrepreneur that dropped out of his first year at school similar to Dell and Gates.

He found he didn't need a degree and instead began a successful business and now, at age 37, is a multi-millionaire several times over.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pregnancies just happen?

Of course college debt wouldn't be so high if we weren't paying college professors like her and her husband over $400,000/yr.

'Fairness' is to make them pay back what they borrowed before handing them more money.
Fairness? Fairness would be requiring 'students' to major in something with an actual future paycheck to get a student loan and make the continuation of that loan dependent successfully completing courses with a decent grade. If someone wants to major in ridiculous subjects they should have to get a non government loan(good luck) or work and pay for it themselves.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bill Gates, Michael Dell, life is full of those who achieved spectacular success without that college degree.

I myself have a nephew who is an entrepreneur that dropped out of his first year at school similar to Dell and Gates.

He found he didn't need a degree and instead began a successful business and now, at age 37, is a multi-millionaire several times over.
How many of the early industrialists like Carnegie built their fortune, and America without a college degree?