Author Topic: Begala: People Should ‘Earn’ Debt Relief, Student Loan Forgiveness Will ‘Piss off the Working Class’  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Begala: People Should ‘Earn’ Debt Relief, Student Loan Forgiveness Will ‘Piss off the Working Class’

Ian Hanchett 7 May 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” Democratic strategist and CNN Contributor Paul Begala criticized proposals for President Joe Biden to forgive student loan debt by stating that “Democrats have gone from being the party of the factory floor to being the party of the faculty lounge.” And Democrats should “go back to their roots, which is, earn it.”

Begala stated, “We Democrats have a lab, two labs, actually, secret labs, one in Berkeley and one in Brooklyn, where we come up with ideas to completely piss off the working class, and it’s working wonderfully. … And they all have PhDs in pissing off the working class. Somehow, in my lifetime, the Democrats have gone from being the party of the factory floor to being the party of the faculty lounge. … [W]hat I’d much rather see Democrats do is go back to their roots, which is, earn it. We’re the party that created the G.I. Bill. Nobody called that free college because it wasn’t. The guys who got the G.I. Bill earned it. Why don’t we have a system where we say, you want to get out of your college debt? Serve your country. Marine Corps, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps. Not everybody can carry a rifle, but you can mentor a kid. And you give two years of service, then you will have earned that, and expand it so we have community college, job training. We need more mechanics, not MBAs. And that’s where the Democrats’ focus ought to be.”

He later added that college has gotten more expensive due to states decreasing subsidies for colleges and Congress should pass free community college.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/07/begala-people-should-earn-debt-relief-student-loan-forgiveness-will-piss-off-the-working-class/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

He can't possibly believe the left gives a damn about the working class,other than filling the need for laborers and servants.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Just words.

Actions speak far louder and the left has zcted
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

People earn debt relief by paying off their loans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The working class are likely not to have attended much college if any so they are not nearly as pissed off as those who did attend college and have worked to pay off student loans on their own.

They see the government screwing them for their hard work while giving loafers a free ride.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@mystery-ak

He can't possibly believe the left gives a damn about the working class,other than filling the need for laborers and servants.
He starts out with a lie, then says people should earn their college and ends up with calling for congress to give more college freebies...........yeah he's an idiot, I mean democrat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The working class are likely not to have attended much college if any so they are not nearly as pissed off as those who did attend college and have worked to pay off student loans on their own.

@IsailedawayfromFR

They see the government screwing them for their hard work while giving loafers a free ride.

Gee,I wonder why?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!