Author Topic: Texas State Bar to Sue Attorney General Paxton for Challenging 2020 Election  (Read 625 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens May 6, 2022

Paxton called the Texas Bar a “liberal activist group,” saying the suit is politically motivated.

After Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton led the legal challenge to the 2020 presidential election, the Texas State Bar is suing him for “professional misconduct.”

In December of 2020, following the presidential election filled with concerns about election integrity, Paxton led 18 states in filing Texas v. Pennsylvania at the United States Supreme Court. The case challenged the voting procedures in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin and sought to temporarily block those states from certifying vote counts ahead of the electoral college vote on December 14.

The Supreme Court eventually dismissed the case, saying Texas had a lack of standing to bring the lawsuit.

Now the Texas State Bar—the professional organization that certifies lawyers—is suing Paxton for having filed the suit, calling it frivolous.

Paxton, who is currently in a runoff election against George P. Bush, says the suit is politically motivated.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-state-bar-sues-attorney-general-paxton-for-challenging-2020-election/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Politically motivated"? Ya think!!?

More and more evidence has come out that proves the election was stolen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder why they just don't disbar Paxton for his "unprofessional conduct" rather than sue him?

That is, after all, the reason the bar exists to certify lawyers as professionals.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

I wonder why they just don't disbar Paxton for his "unprofessional conduct" rather than sue him?

That is, after all, the reason the bar exists to certify lawyers as professionals.

I doubt if this bar association has the authority to admit lawyers to the bar in Texas, or to disbar them.  I believe that authority lies with the Texas Supreme Court.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Politically motivated"? Ya think!!?

More and more evidence has come out that proves the election was stolen.

You can ALWAYS tell when someone is over the target! He catches the flak!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Two can play at that game

AG Pax­ton Inves­ti­gates Texas Bar Foun­da­tion for Facil­i­tat­ing Mass Influx of Ille­gal Aliens
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has opened an investigation into the Texas Bar Foundation for its possibly aiding and abetting the mass influx of illegal aliens. The investigation is based on credible complaints filed by U.S. Congressman Troy Nehls (TX-22) and members of the public.

The Texas Bar Foundation is alleged to have knowingly given donations to entities that encourage, participate in, and fund illegal immigration at the Texas-Mexico border, and potentially using taxpayer dollars received from the State Bar of Texas, which appoints the Foundation’s trustees. If true, this is likely an improper use of charitable funds because the funds are diverted from their intended—and potentially unlawful—purpose.
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/ag-paxton-investigates-texas-bar-foundation-facilitating-mass-influx-illegal-aliens
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji