Author Topic: Elon Musk’s Tesla to Cover Travel Costs for Employees Seeking Out-of-State Abortions  (Read 1747 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elon Musk’s Tesla to Cover Travel Costs for Employees Seeking Out-of-State Abortions

Alana Mastrangelo 6 May 2022

Elon Musk’s Tesla is covering travel costs for employees who get out-of-state abortions, joining the ranks of several other companies that have introduced similar reimbursement policies in the wake of multiple states passing pro-life legislation.

Since 2021, Tesla has expanded its “Safety Net” program and health insurance offering to include “travel and lodging support for those who may need to seek healthcare services that are unavailable in their home state,” according to the company’s “Impact Report,” released Friday.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/05/06/elon-musks-tesla-to-cover-travel-costs-for-employees-seeking-out-of-state-abortions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Big disappointment...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A typical fiscal conservative but not social conservative = no conservative.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Musk, Maher, Rogan, Oz, Gabbard, et.al

They may not be woke, buy they are not conservatives.

Sadly, may are getting fooled that they are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
His money,he does not hold public office,none of my business.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

... And so it goes...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

OH,HorseHillary!

There ARE sometimes legitimate reasons for a woman to have an abortion,and HOW is it anybodies business but their own as long as it is done prior to 3 month of conception.

Or maybe you would prefer for some of these girls/women to die from complications,or be stuck with a severely brain-damaged and maybe even crippled child that will forever be a child,and a drain on her heart and resources?

I am,in a general sense,strongly opposed to abortion except for health reasons after 90 days,and don't really like the idea of them earlier than 90 days.

BUT.....,I am NOT a woman or girl facing the consequences alone,so I don't get to make those decisions. Neither does anyone else but the pregnant girl/woman,and I have one very good female friend that had one was she was a teen,and she pays a price for that every day of her life that is much more severe than any price you or the government can put on her back. It has been decades,and she still suffers from that decision to this very day.

And "Yes,I DID "put my money where my mouth is." by offering to marry her in order to give the baby a name,and then help her put it up for adoption. This,despite the fact there was ZERO romance between the two of us. She was just a scared young woman from a Bible-Thumping family that would have never forgiven or spoken to her again if she had that baby. I was in a position to offer her help and an option,so that is what I did. That is the sort of things friends are SUPPOSED to do for one another.

Online roamer_1

There ARE sometimes legitimate reasons for a woman to have an abortion,and HOW is it anybodies business but their own as long as it is done prior to 3 month of conception.

Or maybe you would prefer for some of these girls/women to die from complications,or be stuck with a severely brain-damaged and maybe even crippled child that will forever be a child,and a drain on her heart and resources?

Nonsense @sneakypete . Reasons like that are infinitely small in comparison to the reality, just as is 'rape and incest'. Face it. It is used as a form of birth control without any other reason than that, MOST of the time.

BUT.....,I am NOT a woman or girl facing the consequences alone,so I don't get to make those decisions.

More nonsense. Feminist claptrap. I am a father with a daughter and a granddaughter. And I will look out for their interests... Which is to include keeping them from making such a dire mistake.

Neither does anyone else but the pregnant girl/woman,and I have one very good female friend that had one was she was a teen,and she pays a price for that every day of her life that is much more severe than any price you or the government can put on her back. It has been decades,and she still suffers from that decision to this very day.

And "Yes,I DID "put my money where my mouth is." by offering to marry her in order to give the baby a name,and then help her put it up for adoption. This,despite the fact there was ZERO romance between the two of us. She was just a scared young woman from a Bible-Thumping family that would have never forgiven or spoken to her again if she had that baby. I was in a position to offer her help and an option,so that is what I did. That is the sort of things friends are SUPPOSED to do for one another.

Aaand more bullcrap. I am a Bible Thumper and travel among Bible Thumpers... Among the very most fundamental of Bible Thumpers. Believe me, the abortion is harder to forgive than the pregnancy. And I have known PLENTY of young Christian girls that have wound up knocked up. ALL of them are still in their families and are forgiven. Every one. Sure there is hell to pay, but it don't stay that way.

In fact, on balance, a non-religious father is more likely to reject a daughter. Our permissive society is far more likely to reject her and leave her without recourse other than abortion.

The Christian solution has always been a shotgun wedding and owning up to responsibilities. And if not that, the girl usually has a big, strong house to fall back upon. I have seen both scenarios many times.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
His money,he does not hold public office,none of my business.
smuggling people to kill their own children in the womb?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
@catfish1957

OH,HorseHillary!

I am,in a general sense,strongly opposed to abortion except for health reasons after 90 days,and don't really like the idea of them earlier than 90 days.

BUT.....,I am NOT a woman or girl facing the consequences alone,so I don't get to make those decisions. Neither does anyone else but the pregnant girl/woman,and I have one very good female friend that had one was she was a teen,and she pays a price for that every day of her life that is much more severe than any price you or the government can put on her back. It has been decades,and she still suffers from that decision to this very day.

Your strongly opininiated position is identical to the pro-choice left.  I'll just leave it at that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

@catfish1957

OH,HorseHillary!

You did the right thing. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
smuggling people to kill their own children in the womb?

@jmyrlefuller

Lighten up,Lucille! You sound like a drama queen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Your strongly opininiated position is identical to the pro-choice left.  I'll just leave it at that.

@catfish1957

No,it is SIMILAR in SOME ways.

And so what?

NOBODY is wrong ALL the time,not even the rabid left.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You did the right thing.

@Kamaji

Thank you. Frankly,I expected to get flamed for pages,and am a little surprised I wasn't hit harder.

Online LMAO

I agree with SP when it comes to this issue.

I am personally pro life. But I don’t have to live with the consequences either way  of what a woman decides. IMO, both the left and the right can go too far on this issue. It reminds me of a conversation I had many years ago with a co worker who said, and I agree, neither side represents the majority

What should happen if a woman  finds out that she’s accidentally become pregnant and doesn’t know what to do. Do we have her register with the state so she can be monitored?

I’ve said for years I take the late Rush Limbaugh‘s position on abortion. You don’t pass laws to ban it. You work to change the hearts and minds of people

« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:19:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I am personally pro life. But I don’t have to live with the consequences either way  of what a woman decides. IMO, both the left and the right can go too far on this issue. It reminds me of a conversation I had many years ago with a co worker who said, and I agree, neither side represents the majority

What should happen if a woman  finds out that she’s accidentally become pregnant and doesn’t know what to do. Do we have her register with the state so she can be monitored?

I’ve said for years I take the late Rush Limbaugh‘s position on abortion. You don’t pass laws to ban it. You work to change the hearts and minds of people

@LMAO

Thank you!

I see this argument being VERY similar to the anti-gun/pro-gun arguement.

Ironically enough,in the gun control argument,it is the left and the right swapping sides.

The left has no problem with abortion on demand for no reason at all other than "I want one" and use the excuse/reason that "abortion can save the lives of the mothers",yet shriek in outrage if someone wants to buy a gun to protect themselves and their families from possible fatal attacks.

The Right has no problem with pretty much anyone owning a gun that wants one due to the defense of self and family if needed,yet shriek in outrage if a 14 year old girl that was raped (for example) wants to get an abortion.

It is the irrational extremists on both sides that keeps fueling the political wars with money and support. Neither seem to have the ability to see and accept the other sides reasoning,so the fighting goes on and the insults keep flying.

As I stated in my first post on this thread,I am personally opposed to abortion "just because I want one.",but I am not vain enough to think that what *I* think should necessarily be the law of the land. OTHER people also have rights. Sometimes I agree with those rights,and sometimes I don't.

Big flipping deal. We are supposed to be living in a FREE country,not a dictatorship of the left OR the right.

We are all Americans,and we either have rights,or we don't have rights. There IS no "in-between".
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:37:46 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

@catfish1957

No,it is SIMILAR in SOME ways.

And so what?

NOBODY is wrong ALL the time,not even the rabid left.

I respect your POV, just don't agree.  Kind of like here with Ukraine where there seems be a 2:1 pro-support faction ratio.

Personally, I think we need to butt out, and let Europe deal with it in its totality.  I realize myself, and few others are in the minority, but we are entitled to our opinion,

Online roamer_1

I will disagree. A woman doesn't ACCIDENTALLY become pregnant. A decision is made. There are consequences and responsibilities surrounding that decision. The very same consequences and responsibilities that rob a man of his treasure for twenty years for the very same decision. Those few moments of pleasure have a string. Why is it that a woman can get off scott-free (after legally murdering her child), but a man is required to pay for the consequence... For decades. If a woman can slip the consequence, then so should a man.

And I am not satisfied with 'making no law'. So far, it is the practitioner that is in the crosshairs, not the woman. And I think it perfectly consistent to outlaw that practice.

I will agree with you that hearts and minds must be changed - And they normally are... After the fact. Abortions are mostly upon young women who are scared and have no idea what they are facing. I have known a few to express deep and painful regret once they do become a mother and realize what they have done.

The young are stupid and bullet-proof. You do not change their foolish minds. What you can do is protect them from themselves. And society should assist in that. It's what it is for.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:48:01 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I respect your POV, just don't agree.  Kind of like here with Ukraine where there seems be a 2:1 pro-support faction ratio.

Personally, I think we need to butt out, and let Europe deal with it in its totality.  I realize myself, and few others are in the minority, but we are entitled to our opinion,

I'm in the middle of this. I'm all for sending guns and ammo to Ukraine but not $$$ which will magically find its way back to the pockets of the senders.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

While I am vocal about disagreeing with you and the others on this,I hope you never catch me trying to claim you don't have a right to your own opinion. The day you see me doing this,you need to tell me to change my screen name and start posting on Huff and Puff and Blow The Rich Queer Husband Down web sites.

The HARD truth is that it is ONLY leftists that claim individuals have no right to personal opinions. Group Thought Rules with the left,and never a contrary word is to be heard.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:54:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I will disagree. A woman doesn't ACCIDENTALLY become pregnant. 
@roamer_1

Ever heard of a thing called "Rape"?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I've always taken the constitutional position on abortion.  It's up to each individual state, the fedgov has no say in the matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I've always taken the constitutional position on abortion.  It's up to each individual state, the fedgov has no say in the matter.

@Bigun

Can't argue with that one,expect for the cases of pregnancies caused by rape.

Yeah,I know this makes me a hypocrite because a child of rape is every much as human as a child of love,but I never claimed to be prefect.

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Ever heard of a thing called "Rape"?

@sneakypete

Sure. That is not an accident. That is a criminal assault.