Author Topic: MA: Nantucket residents vote to allow everyone to go topless at beaches  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Kamaji

Nantucket residents vote to allow everyone to go topless at beaches

By Yaron Steinbuch
May 5, 2022

Nantucket is one step closer to opening up all the beaches on the tiny Massachusetts island to topless bathers.

Residents voted 327-242 at the annual town meeting Tuesday night to pass the Gender Equality on Beaches bylaw amendment that will allow beach bums to go topless, the Boston Globe reported.

“We did it, we made it!” sex educator Dorothy Stover, who proposed the amendment, said on Instagram after the victory, though she noted the measure must still be approved by the state attorney general’s office before it becomes law.

“Being topless is not being nude,” Stover said at the meeting. “This bylaw would not make beaches nude beaches. This bylaw would allow tops to be optional for anyone that chooses to be topless.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/05/nantucket-residents-vote-to-allow-topless-beaches/

Offline DB

Makes sense... Since they can't tell the difference between a man and a woman...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Makes sense... Since they can't tell the difference between a man and a woman...

@DB

Good point. But with all the old men with sagging "man boobs",it might even make things more confusing. The bikini tops at least helped to identify the women.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Lets be honest - the people that will go topless will absolutely be the ones you do NOT want to see topless.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Lets be honest - the people that will go topless will absolutely be the ones you do NOT want to see topless.

:bingo:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There once was a man from Nantucket...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meh. So what. They can dig out their old fanny packs, open 'em up and wear 'em in front if they get tired of the slapping on their knees...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Meh. So what. They can dig out their old fanny packs, open 'em up and wear 'em in front if they get tired of the slapping on their knees...
Just for you!One of the candidates most likely to take advantage of the new policy.

Online mountaineer

Teresa Heinz and J. Effing Kerry live part-time in Nantucket. Let's hope Madame Gin Raisin doesn't take advantage of the new standards of undress.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DefiantMassRINO

Fortunately, Nantucket is just a very large sand bar ... hopefully Global Climate Change, if it's real, will submerge that limousine liberal island of hypocrisy
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Yep...

These beaches won't be  populated with Swedish Bikini Team members.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Oh, the horror.  What an outrage!  Allowing the people of Nantucket to set their own laws regarding beach attire?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Palma de Mallorca the beaches are topless. As an American I had to really adjust to that. Young girls, super hot twenty year olds (my age at the time), to pregnant mothers, they were all there. Didn't really see any old or obese women because they tend to stay away from the sun and do not really care for the beach. At first, it was a wild culture shock for sure. But honestly after a couple of hours, it became simply normal. How many boobs can you look at before you are desensitized?

On the side: saw my first real live actual bullfight there. That was another shock. To cut the story short, it is very far from a 'fair fight'. The bull is weakened in various ways before it is released. And even if it wins, it loses. But that is a different thread.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.