Author Topic: Cosmonaut assumes command of ISS ahead of Thursday morning departure of SpaceX's Crew-3 mission  (Read 437 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Space.com by Mike Wall 5/4/2022

Crew-3 is scheduled to leave the station Thursday (May 5) at 1:05 a.m. EDT (0505 GMT).

Thomas Marshburn just checked off one of the last tasks on his orbital to-do list.

The NASA astronaut handed command of the International Space Station (ISS) over to cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev today (May 4), the last day aboard the orbiting lab for Marshburn and the other three members of SpaceX's Crew-3 mission.

"I think the lasting legacy of the space station is very likely to be international cooperation and a place of peace," Marshburn said during a webcast change-of-command ceremony this afternoon.

"Oleg, you're a very strong and experienced cosmonaut," Marshburn told Artemyev. "I know we'll be leaving the space station in good hands with you."

Marshburn then said some words to the cosmonaut in Russian and handed him the ceremonial key to the ISS.

"Thank you for the key, and thank you for the friendship," Artemyev responded in English. "It was an unbelievable time together," he added, stressing the importance of such cooperation and friendship for "family, our children and peace between our countries."

More: https://www.space.com/iss-change-of-command-spacex-crew3-departure

Offline Kamaji

Next, they'll de-orbit it and head it into D.C.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Next, they'll de-orbit it and head it into D.C.
If they time it right and aim it right, we may owe Russia a great big thank you.

Offline Kamaji

If they time it right and aim it right, we may owe Russia a great big thank you.

:silly: